iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Customer was Vandalized

Started by Magicman, May 25, 2011, 10:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim king

I do not care for the texture of the meat but it is one of the favorites here and sells for at least $10 a pound which is very expensive here.  My favorite fish here are Peacock Bass and Piranha.  They both have snow white firm meat .

The catfish are good also.

LOGDOG

Peacock Bass are on my list of fish that I'd like to catch. Arapaima look like they would be the texture of our Buffalo fish (or drum I think may be their proper name) or perhaps our Alligator Gar fish. $10.00 a pound for fish is high even here in the States.

Back on topic ...

Some of you are aware of the trespassing issues I've had over the last couple years. Confiscated a 4-wheeler which is now mine. Well, I was going to fence my property in an attempt to keep people out. I got an estimate on a survey that would include marking my corners and property lines with me furnishing my bulldozer and self to run it and clear the line so they wouldn't have to hack their way through the brush. That piece of property is 60.58 acres. They were going to charge me $12,000.00 for the survey!!! They're out of their mind! I need to get some more bids. Add to it the cost of fencing though and it's pretty cost prohibitive. For now, I need to get a bunch more signs and post it heavy. I still carry a gun with me whenever I'm walking the property though. Just in case... Wife read an article to me online this morning. Apparently we had an armed robbery down the road from us. The cops chased them into the woods and had bloodhounds on them. Wouldn't be too cool to happen up on a couple of losers like that while you're unarmed. You just never know.

red oaks lumber

for wildlife around here there is the 3 s's
shoot
shovel
shutup
maybe this can apply down in lawless la. ???
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

LOGDOG

There's a saying down here: "Don't mess with me. I've got a shotgun, a shovel and "X amount of acres."  In my case I also have back hoe and a pond 30' deep. I actually had an officer tell me I should check my pond once a week for bodies.  :o

If the woods could talk I bet they'd tell some interesting stories.

Magicman

It was certainly a better time when we didn't lock anything, but we didn't know it.  We thought that was the way things were supposed to be.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

paul case

i think it is the way it is supposed to be but some folks make it otherwise.

i have been having to lock my gate for about a year now. it is a pain to shut it and lock it every time i go back and forth. i have gotten to where i haul my chainsaws and all my hand tools with me which is a lot easier now since the theives got most of those. it is a real headache for my walnut log hauler. it took them 2 weeks to catch up with me.
someone stole my neighbors trailer with riding lawnmower on it from his own front yard. he started having to lock his gate and they dont like it but now they have turned their guard horses in their yard. he calls it their 3 horsepower lawnmower.
pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Thank You Sponsors!