iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Queen Anne's Revenge

Started by Tom, May 31, 2011, 06:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

This link goes to an article about the recovery of an anchor from the wreck of Black Beard's pirate flagship, The Queen Anne's Revenge, off of the North Carolina coast.  The stuff they find is supposed to go into a museum and those who travel to N.C. might find this an interesting vacation stop.

I found the following statement, in the article, amusing.

"....compared the retrieval to the child's game of Pick-Up-Sticks, where players toss plastic sticks on a hard surface and then remove them one at a time without disturbing the ones underneath."

Don't they make wood pick-up-sticks anymore?

SwampDonkey

The plastics industry won the battle against the paper bag and the glass soda bottle. Now they will be turning out plastic wood. This is to increase the dependence on foreign oil. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

DR Buck

Tom,

Heard the same story on the radio today.  Apparently, they are going to recover a 2nd anchor and more artifacts to have on display by late June.  They're goal is to capitalize on the resurgence of Black Beard interest along with the new Johnny Depp Pirates of the Caribbean movie
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Tom

I wonder what they did with Teaches head?  :)

Texas Ranger

Hanging on some long deceased Admirals wall.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

WDH

It is stashed away in Davey Jones Locker.  You are a Navy man, you should have a key  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Tom

I lost my key and was given no new key.  :-\

Radar67

Ain't no man I know, alive today, be wanting to visit Davey Jones' locker. ;D
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Tom

Dont'cha know!   They even have to lock those submariners up in a piece of sewer pipe to get them back.

Thank You Sponsors!