iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

cuban mahogany photo needed

Started by pitsaw, May 30, 2011, 10:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitsaw

I live in central florida an have some land with a small creek running thru the middle of it that had been logged a long time ago(all axe cut) well they left a lot of og cypress  that I have drug out of the creek, well today I pulled a big old curly looking log out after a couple pulls with the drawknife and it looks like mahogany.so I went for a walk to look an see if I could spot any trees.Well I found a few that I did't know what they were and had no way to take a pic, So was wondering if anybody had an pic's of cuban mahogany (leafsanbark).and were they growing in central florida in that time period?Sorry if I ramble on I'm not much of a writer. Thanks jason

pitsaw

thanks jim hopefully I get get a pic later in the week

Mooseherder

If you're looking for some Swietenia mahogani of which we have in South Florida I have some trees and seeds you can have.   I'm thinking you might be a little or to the end of the range for them though.
Hopefully someone who knows more about will chime in.

pitsaw

I talked with a logger today that lives on the back side of are place he's done most of are logging over the years he said hes seen a few spread out along the creek banks.The one I pulled out had been under water for sometime but seems soild inside.hopefully by the end of the week I can get it on the mill,I'm dying to know what it look's like inside.mooseherder yeah I would really like some seed's or trees wood be even better... I'll pm you

Thank You Sponsors!