iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2011 Pig Roast Thread (now the RSVP Thread Please let us know if you might come)

Started by Jeff, May 28, 2011, 12:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparky

I forgot one thing before Chris left Duluth, MN for the pig roast. I had intended to say he respond with "ya sure ya betcha" instead of "no worries" as they say in Australia. I thought the FF members from the northern states would get a kick out of it!

I would like to be there, but I have some major work to do on a sawmill before the first of Sept.

Sparky
I'tnl 2050 with Prentrice 110, Custom built 48" left-hand circular and 52" Bellsaw right-hand circular mills, Jonsered 2171, Stihl 084, and too many other chainsaws. John Deere 3020 and Oliver 1800 with FELs. 20" 4-sided planer and misc.

Jeff

Everyone seems to be having a good time, things are wound down for the day. I'm on pig mode for the rest of the night. When I switch propane tanks in an hour or so, and get everything running smooth on the cooker again, I'll try to get 2 or 3 hours sleep.  Smaller group then last year on a Friday evening but the food was really good. The corn especially. I'm hoping others are taking pictures. I had not even thought about it until a little while ago. I know they were taking a lot of photos of the pig cooking! :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

I'm on the 6th restart of this laptop and can't make the video feed work yet this morning.  :-\

Jeff

Sorry to say, I have tried everything to make this work and can't figure it out. I have to get to other things. We'll post photos when we can.

Patty

Forget about the pics Jeff, just relax and enjoy your friends.  ;)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Okrafarmer

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Magicman

Since Jeff is on vacation and it is a bit early yet, I doubt that there is a 2012 yet.  He did not start this one until the end of May last year.  A search should find the pictures, etc. from last year's Roast.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Okrafarmer

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

SwampDonkey

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Okrafarmer

Ok. Now I just have to come up with enough excuses to make that big of a road trip. Oh, and enough petro-dollars, too.  :-\

SwampDonkey

I spent $400 I think for 2400 miles round trip, including two hotel stays in Ottawa. Plus I brought home a free saw, so that cancelled out trip costs. ;D

Okrafarmer

I haven't checked yet but it is probably a similar distance for me, give or take a hundred miles.

Okrafarmer

Well, actually, after checking it out, it is only about a 1400 mile round trip. Not as bad as I thought. I was thinking Jeff lived in northern MI.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

red oaks lumber

the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

DR_Buck

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

red oaks lumber

the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

SwampDonkey

I know one thing. I just cooked a roast of pork here this afternoon and I could have eaten the whole darn thing to. Some good. Mmm!! ;D  musteat_1 Never get anything like it in any restaurant in these parts. :)

Magicman

I remember another "roast of pork" that you could not get in a restaurant either.   food6

caveman

I would like to attend a pig roast or a chicken crispin but 1309 miles is a bit far for me.  We do a little cooking from time to time. 

These are a few ribs that are about ready to come off.  I cooked 196 slabs that day on two rotations.  There were a bunch of folks cooking to raise money for the families of two police officers who were killed.  At the end of the day, the community raised about $90,000.

A few leg quarters that are about to come off.

Some pork butts that will be ready for pulling in a few hours.

Caveman
Caveman

fishpharmer

Now thats a BBQ COOKER!  Mighty fine looking bbq for a fine cause. 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Thank You Sponsors!