iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2011 Pig Roast Thread (now the RSVP Thread Please let us know if you might come)

Started by Jeff, May 28, 2011, 12:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

Quote from: scsmith42 on July 23, 2011, 03:09:39 AM
Jeff, unfortunately I need to go from "tentative" to "won't make it".  I wish you and everbody the best of fun.

Scott

Sorry to hear that Scott I was looking forward to seeing you again.  Maybe next year :)
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

pineywoods

We are looking better every day. Just reserved a spot in campground, across the street from Magicman. Should arrive friday about noon.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

Good !!!  We will leave Monday August 1, headed that way with a Thursday the 4th arrival date.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

scsmith42

Quote from: Raider Bill on July 23, 2011, 12:11:09 PM
Quote from: scsmith42 on July 23, 2011, 03:09:39 AM
Jeff, unfortunately I need to go from "tentative" to "won't make it".  I wish you and everbody the best of fun.

Scott

Sorry to hear that Scott I was looking forward to seeing you again.  Maybe next year :)

Bill, I hope so (as well as to meet and see everybody else at the P.R).  Unfortuantely I had to cancel the Sturgis trip as well, so I am already thinking about doing both next year. 

The second half of this year is shaping up to be incredibly busy.

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Magicman

I wonder what our head count is now?  The last one that I saw was 36
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Tam-i-am

The Logrite clan is coming with brownies.  That makes the count 40!
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

ellmoe

Pulled the trigger on the plane tickets. If we haven't been counted before, there will be four total in my party. We'll travel anywhere for a free meal! :D

Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Raider Bill

Quote from: ellmoe on July 25, 2011, 09:55:13 PM
Pulled the trigger on the plane tickets. If we haven't been counted before, there will be four total in my party. We'll travel anywhere for a free meal! :D

Mark

Out of Tampa?

ellmoe

Quote from: Raider Bill on July 26, 2011, 09:25:51 AM

Out of Tampa?

Actually, was cheaper out of Orlando. I  prefer to fly out of Tampa, but with four people it was worth flying out of MCO.
Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Raider Bill

Lot's say the same thing that Orlando is cheaper. See you there! 8)

Kevin

beenthere

Sure looks like fun. Here is the bio-burner video from last summer (just ran across it on a google search).  Sorry I will miss again this year. Two too many commitments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jue4hkQBCOA
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

Thank you very much for that video.  We watched the webcam last year but since this will be our first Roast, we were wanting to see a video.   :)

DR_Buck

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Ron57

Magicman

I just watched that video again, again.   smiley_thumbsup
I am looking forward to getting out of this  smiley_sun smiley_sweat_drop for a while.    :)

Jeff

Bring a jacket. Our nightime lows are supposed to be 60 degrees and our daytime highs right around the low 80's.  It should be a breath of fresh air. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

SwampDonkey

Like I told Bib, in my search for a light cotton jacket. It's not bad if your moving around, but if your sitting around story telling it can give you a little chill. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

Gary_C

Well it's no pig roast for me again this year. After that July 1 storm, I am surrounded by down trees. Even took one on my camper in the woods. And the MN DNR wants me to look at 10 salvage sales in the state parks and forests just to clear the campgrounds which are still closed.

So have a good time and maybe next year.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

semologger

Leeb next year we need to plan on getting a group of us from around this area and just go. Ive been wanting to go for a couple years now.

Meadows Miller

Im looking forward to it big time  :) ;D ;D 8) Im  not far away and will be there first thing in the morning  ;D ;D
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Thank You Sponsors!