iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2011 Pig Roast Thread (now the RSVP Thread Please let us know if you might come)

Started by Jeff, May 28, 2011, 12:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

We need to start getting a count on how many people might attend. So far its looking kinda bleak looking back at this thread.  Its only about a month to go and I don't have a clue this year on what the attendance might look like. I've had very few people tell me they are coming but lots of people tell me they are not. So far I don't have a single request for a camping spot.

So, lets get a count. Please update the number as you add yourself.  :)

Jeff, Tammy and Stacy. Dogman Pete and Lynda,

The Number is now  5
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Meadows Miller

Ill Be There and whack Me down for a camping site  ;)  ;D ;D ;D 8) 8)

That makes 6
4TH Generation Timbergetter

OneWithWood

I gave up numbers when I retired...

Linnea and I will be there.

I think that makes 8

Hey, Jeff, we are already ahead of the first weenie roast!
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Jeff

With only a month to go, I'm thinking we need to cancel the pig and get a couple chickens.

Burlkraft

I guess I didn't reply...I'll be there, but Jill has to work.

I can't believe this is all that are comin'....

There's gotta be more.....Is the Southern Chapter gonna be represented?

It's worth the trip just for the door prizes let alone the grub and the great conversations  :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

SwampDonkey

Definitely worth it.  8) :) But, as I replied to the Facebook page, I can't make the trip this year. ;) When that saw got factored into my trip, I got a free vacation to Roast 2010. ;)

As Arnold would say, "I'll be back".
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

pigman

The better half made reservations at Harrison's finest 5 star motel, so I suppose we will be there.
I think that makes  11.
Dang Steve, your number was below 10, so you didn't have to take your shoes off for your count. :(

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Burlkraft

Quote from: pigman on July 02, 2011, 08:45:08 PM

Dang Steve, your number was below 10, so you didn't have to take your shoes off for your count. :(

I'd rather let you do the math  :D :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

ellmoe

Well I'm still hoping to go and to bring three along for the ride. Unfortunately, a family situation does not allow me to make a firm commitment at this time. I'll say a better than 50% chance though.

Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

LeeB

Lindy and I are coming. We decided to drive it instead of flying. Will be cheaper in the long run to drive when you figure in a rental car from the airport. Cheapest air I could find was $340 per head one way. By the time we drive to the closest airport we're already 2 hours toward being there. Road trip it is. Never dorve in yankee land. Ya'll do drive on the right side of the road don't you?
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

chain

Pig weeds or pig roast? this is my question. We're having an outright war with herbicide-resistant pigweeds; it is a mattter of keeping the upper hand throughout the growing season else, there may be no crop! We cannot even begin to think of a vacation, we had plans to go out to the Tree Farm Conference in, I believe, New Mexico. The wife says she's taking the grandkids to Branson with or without me in August. But thank-you for the invite anyways.

Cedarman

I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

WDH

I plan to come , but I need to get all the reservations made to confirm.

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

oakiemac

We are thinking of coming. Sorry cant say for sure yet. The big problem is that we have to take our daughter to CMU the week before and so the very next weekend we'll have to drive up to the same area. Not sure if I can leave 2 weekends in a row.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Ron57

Hi Jeff, Ronda and I are planning on coming. We are going to be camping east of  Grayling on Thursday through Sunday so on Saturday we will drive down to Harrison.
  I am planning on driving the old woodburner up if I can get the electrical problems worked out in time, when we came up last time the generator quit working so we replaced it with a larger alternator and the old wiring cant handle it.
Looking forward to having a good time, good food and meeting you all.

Ron and Ronda L

Mike_P.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

submarinesailor

Just found out today that I will be going to the GovEnergy show in Cincinnati the 7th thru 10th.  That means I must leave for Cincinnati on the 6th.  So, we are not going to be there this year.

Sorry Steve, but no egg rolls for you this year.

Bruce

WDH

What??!  No egg rolls ???.  It is not that I am not going to miss you too, Bruce, but the egg rolls, well  :'(.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Have any of you guys with campers stayed at any of the local campgrounds?  Details?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DR_Buck

Quote from: Magicman on July 09, 2011, 07:37:09 AM
Have any of you guys with campers stayed at any of the local campgrounds?  Details?

I recommend Hidden Hill.  Nice place and just a few minutes from Jeff's house. 

Hidden Hill
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Magicman

Thanks DR_Buck.

We are still deciding on some details.  My "de-tail" was replacing the refrigerator in the RV yesterday.  I don't know which one was worse.  The work involved or the buying/paying.

jtmccallum

John M.        '97 WM LT40Super Manual 40HP Lombardini,  XP372,   CASE 1210 W/ Loader

Jeff

Corley5 is having internet woes, so he called me and asked me to put his family on the list. :)

Wildflower

Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

Thank You Sponsors!