iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna 385xpw

Started by woodtick#2, May 26, 2011, 10:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodtick#2

I cut slot of firewwood and work in the woods, I run a 372xp and am very satisfied.  I went to the local saw shop and noticed the 385xpw for Only $800 feedback would be highly appreciated
-Nathan

sawguy21

$800 is pretty stiff for an older saw, a new 390 would be a better investment. Is it new old stock? That model had some crank bearing issues.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

woodtick#2

-Nathan

customsawyer

I have a 385 that I run with a 36" bar that runs great and I use it about everyday.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

ladylake

i have a 385xp with a 28" B@C  , runs good and has good power but is a tad heavy at 23# ready to cut. Most times I use my lighter saws.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

barbender

I borrowed a 385xp this winter from a friend, I used that on some hardwood with a 24" bar. I really didn't want to give it back ;D I have a Jred 2171 I run and love, but it didn't get used when I had that 385 at my disposal ;) This saw came from a tree service out in washington originally, it was supposed to have been "woods" ported, the muffler was definately opened up. I see a lot of guys disparage the 385 online, I've never ran a 390 or 395 to compare it to, but if my buddy would let go of that one I would buy it in a heartbeat.
Too many irons in the fire

WDH

Quote from: customsawyer on May 28, 2011, 05:12:59 AM
I have a 385 that I run with a 36" bar that runs great and I use it about everyday.

Yeah, but the air conditioner wasn't working too well on it today in the Georgia heat  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

customsawyer

Well we might have to get you one of those big fans to fan me with. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

WDH

Maybe you can get one with an enclosed cab, like that John Deere  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

1270d

385 is a great saw.   buy it

Grunex

A few memebers from another forum would ask the question.........is it big enough to live in?    lol   thanks to Q and Burnout for explaining to me the difference......lol. :D
www.grunexlandclearing.com
Maintaining America's Heartland one acre at a time.

woodtick#2

Thanks for the input.  I ended up buying the saw just could not pass it up.  I am going to take the 24 inch bar and chain off my 372xp and put em on the new 385xpw. ;D
-Nathan

Ron Scott

Many of our cutters use 385's on the hardwood saw log jobs and give them a lot of hard use. I don't hear many ,if any, complaints on them.
~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!