iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

end product of some of my milling

Started by weisyboy, May 26, 2011, 04:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weisyboy

a few of the things iv made from the timber iv cut.

show us some of yours.

god bless america god save the queen god defend new zealand and thank christ for Australia
www.weisssawmilling.com.au
http://www.youtube.com/user/weisyboy?feature=mhee
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000696669814&sk=photos

Chuck White

Some nice lookin' handywork there weisy!

I especially like the table and benches!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

kelLOGg

WOW! I like the benches and table best!. You have a wide range of styles and talents.

I have never seen thru-holes drilled in fenceposts for wire. Is it electric? What about shorting when it rains?

Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

weisyboy

we always run the wires threw the posts, before power drills the holes were drilled with a brace and bit, or bridge auger.

do you nail the wires on the side of something?
god bless america god save the queen god defend new zealand and thank christ for Australia

paul case

most here use staples.

some of the lumber that i have cut went into this.

paneled the inside with red oak and erc, rough sawn of course.

i sawed all the frame and decking and since we have lots of oak, it is oak.
i sawed the add on to dads barn. almost a year and he hasnt finished the doors yet.

here lately though i am selling more of my lumber than using it. i need to build a barn here at  the new house. thats on hold. my list is too long and i want to go on vacation this summer. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

jdonovan

Quote from: weisyboy on May 26, 2011, 08:11:41 AM
do you nail the wires on the side of something?

Normal practice is staples on the side of the post. Some folk add a small rubber tube to insulate the wire from the post/staple.

terrifictimbersllc

I made this this morning for my son's birthday next week.  About 0.1 BF of cherry from the family farm back in Indiana.  Please accept this submission for the smallest project prize.  :D :D
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Ernie

Quote from: weisyboy on May 26, 2011, 04:41:23 AM
a few of the things iv made from the timber iv cut.

]

Are you sure you're in Aussie, sure looks real green, almost like New Zealand ;D

A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Carpenter

Coffee table made from local cedar and walnut.  It did get a shelf on the bottom I just didn't get a picture of it completely finished.  It was a custom order, she wanted a rustic coffee table and pretty well left the design up to me and this is what came out. 

A bathroom remodel that I did this winter.  They had some cedar in a breezeway already in their house and I thought cedar wainscoting would look nice in their bathroom, it didn't take much to talk them into it and has generated a lot of interest and sales.

I don't quite understand why a raised garden box is better than a traditional garden?  But, I really don't care, they look nice.  ( and it made the wife happy!)

Bookmatched ERC slabs for counter tops.  I didn't actually get to finish these just sold them in the rough. The house that they will go in is being built right now.  I think they'll turn out real nice.  I've been invited to the open house party for late this summer, so, I'll get to find out. 

Ernie

Quote from: Carpenter on May 26, 2011, 09:46:58 PM

Coffee table made from local cedar and walnut.  It did get a shelf on the bottom I just didn't get a picture of it completely finished.  It was a custom order, she wanted a rustic coffee table and pretty well left the design up to me and this is what came out.    

Wow what a finish, what did you use, I am making new benchtops for our kitchen remodel out of Tasmanian Blackwood and need a good finish, if that is what mum orders :)
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Carpenter

It's an epoxy bar and counter top finish.  I've seen it used on commercial bars so, it should be pretty durable.  It took 3 coats.  But, I think if I had read the directions first I could have done it with two. 

woodbe

Here is a table that I made with some Black Walnut that has been drying for a long time

Then there are just a few of the turning projects for fun.  

This is from some 36" White Oak from about 2004. It made a nice night stand

What came first the woodshop or the mill?  :D  For me it was the shop. Then the mill just adds to the fun. My mill was a side thing for me and to make some side money. Ya I know how silly of me. I still enjoy the whole thing. I really like all of the pic's of your work.

Woodbe

Carpenter

Quote from: woodbe on May 27, 2011, 12:41:00 AM
What came first the woodshop or the mill?  :D  For me it was the shop. Then the mill just adds to the fun. My mill was a side thing for me and to make some side money. Ya I know how silly of me. I still enjoy the whole thing. I really like all of the pic's of your work.

Woodbe

For me it was the mill.  I've got a small shop, but, it's so full of tools it's hard to do anything in it.  So, I got the mill with the idea of building a woodworking shop out of local trees.  It's still a work in progress, almost two years now as a matter of fact.  It's been a long process and a long story but, I am confident that one day I will build the shop.  I do have a stack of timbers now and I just keep plugging away at it when I have the chance.  If all goes well I hope to pour the foundation this fall and do most of the building during the traditional winter slump.  Then I'll be able to do some real woodworking!  I hope :)

beerguy

Here are pics from a desk I made from a Big Leaf maple. The top is bookmatched. Lots of figure. 

OlJarhead

WOW!  I can only dream guys!

Those poly finishes look amazing!  Is it the pour on type?  I'm hoping to do similar projects but at the moment am just finishing the interior of the cabin.

Erik
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

tyb525

You can get that look with semi-gloss poly, I like to put on a coat or two of rub-on tung oil (Formby's), then brush on about 3 coats of oil base semi-gloss. When I want a super glassy finish, I sand the wood to 600 grit, and then sand between coats to 600 also.

If you then buff and wax it, it looks like glass.

Sometimes I apply the last coat with a cloth, it seems to reduce the risk of ridges.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

WDH

Looks like a cat has been walking on that desk!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Planman1954

This thread is right down my alley. Keep the new project pics coming. Seriously guys and gals, post pics of your work showing what can be made from a tree with some imagination! Talented people here....
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

woodbe

Hay beerguy has the same work bench I do.

Woodbe

weisyboy

wow looking good guys.

is green alright hasnt stoped raining for more than 4 days in 9 months.

most of my timber goes to customers to build with, now and then i get to use some.

i dont get time to do any of that fancy stuff.

fishpharmer

Cool and inspirational projects.  Thanks.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

thecfarm

A BIG cat too. Beerguy that is some pretty.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beerguy

These are pics from midway through the finishing process.
I brushed on 6 coats of Waterlox. Nice looking, durable and ages well.

I have used wipe-on poly before, but I like Waterlox a bit better.

I see that my shop is waaay messier than others, though......

Coon

A messy shop means a busy shop.  ;)  :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

OlJarhead

This is a nightstand my son started when we were at the cabin last week.  He decided to use Blue Stained pine for the top and drawer face and freshly milled and dried pine for the box and drawer.

it's his first attempt at this sort of thing :)
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

Thank You Sponsors!