iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How to mess up a week

Started by Texas Ranger, May 22, 2011, 06:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

So, wait with bated breath for a week, will it start Monday?  Tuesday?  Wednesday?  No one can/will answer, so, lots of card games at the office till this is over.

A criminal trial on a work up I did 3 years ago.  Surely not fast tracked.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Mooseherder

Wow, all that on one page. :)
I thought you Texans liked big stuff but I guess you don't beat around the bush neither.

Mr Mom

I cant read it could you tell us what it is about.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

Texas Ranger

It is a Subpoena to testify in a timber theft case I did in 2008.   Mooseherder, it is not what is on the page, it is the deputy standing behind it.

Meeting with DA today and trial starts tomorrow.  So a lot of waiting around for the week.  Which is the pits, had a dinner a couple of hours away with friends for tonight, canceled and a breakfast with the same guys on Tuesday, canceled.

I did get paid, in 2008, but doubt if there is going to be any though of time on this one.

Ah, the life of a forester. 8)

Tom

Who ever decided to spell suhpeenuh like that must've been nuts, or a college professor. :-\

Texas Ranger

Some law clerk first spelled it, and the rest thought "Hey, look, we can screw with the rest of the world with language", and they did.

Ron Scott

Some court cases can take up a lot of time. I try to avoid them and refer most of them to the "younger" consultants. Don't you get paid expert witness fees?
~Ron

Texas Ranger

Yep, I do, but on this one, I got paid in 2008, more than enough to handle some court duty.

Coon

maybe you need witless protection.  ;D   :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

clearcut

Subpeona is from Latin sub poena meaning under penalty.

One of the many Latin legal terms used to confuse and annoy regular folks who are supposed to follow the law, and keep lawyers making those big dollars.
Carbon sequestered upon request.

Tom

Wouldn't it have been a good thing to use a title like, civitas officium, rather than always threatening everyone?  Why are we always under the Governments thumb.  It might have been OK when we believed that we were the government.

Thank You Sponsors!