iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TJ standard trans problem

Started by timbuck2, May 20, 2011, 08:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbuck2

Any advise on my 1982 Timberjack 208E 4speed trans?  Goes in and out of 1 and 2 fine, Goes in 3rd, can't get it out. And I mean you REALLY can't get it out, pry bar material or pull on it for all yer worth, 4th  is the same.  It is a New Process model 442, cast steel top, not the aluminum top.  Have already fixed the shifter pivot point in the top piece, haven't yet pulled the cover off.

smwwoody

Could be a worn fork that is an easy fix just pull the top off and you will see the bad fork right off.  If a fork is worn that bad you may as well rebuild the whole tranny.  They are very easy and cheep to do.  You will thank yourself later for the extra time and money spent now.

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

treefarmer87

that happend to my old C65. smwwoody is right fix it now, wont have to worry later :)
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

MaineLogger

The end of the shifter is worn out.When you take cover off you'll see one side has to go back into neutral before shifting over to the other side.If the shifter is worn you can pull it out of the first and second side before it's in neutral and go over to the third and fourth side when you do you are jammed.Harold's Logging sells new shifters.
380 Timberjack (cable)
230E Timberjack (cable)
648G Grapple
Husky 372's

madmari

Mine is doing the same thing. Have to pull out the shift lever, line up the forks, put the lever back in and drive on. Pain in the buttski.
  A good tractor restorer told me to weld a bead on the end of the shift lever and grind the weld to where the lever works again. Makes sense and it is easy to do.
I know why dogs stick thier head out the car window.

Thank You Sponsors!