iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thoughts on B56 belts for WM

Started by petefrom bearswamp, May 20, 2011, 06:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petefrom bearswamp

Just came from my neighbor's where he was getting frustrated trying to get the smaller belts on his mill.
Any suggestions?
Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

Call me what you wanna, but I will continue to use what WM suggest; B57.  They have served me well into my 10th year of sawing.  WM spends the $$$ for R & D.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tyb525

WM wouldn't recommended using a B57 if it weren't the best choice!
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

ladylake

i'll keep running my B56 belts, last time I got both on in under a half hour without learning any new words.   Once on they work great.    Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

logwalker

I use B56's with good results. That belt flopping just doesn't do it for me.  ;)
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Kansas

I always liked the B56 belts more-once they were on the machine. They last a lot longer.  Problem is, they take time, and if you got guys standing around while fighting them, it just was a lot easier to use the B57.

I did a search on here and only found one reference to LT 70's bandwheel belts. How many of you have switched to the B72 rather than the one you have to get from WM? (72.5) Be nice if I could get them locally. I just wonder how hard it is to put those on compared to using a B56 on a LT 40.

customsawyer

The B72 go on easier on the LT70 than the B56 goes on the LT40. The down side is that you will still get a bit of sawdust under the belt now and then as there is a touch of play in there. I get mine from Applied Industrial.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

tyb525

I've never had a sawdust buildup problem with my b57's, it just falls right out ;)
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

ladylake

Quote from: customsawyer on May 23, 2011, 08:22:00 PM
The B72 go on easier on the LT70 than the B56 goes on the LT40. The down side is that you will still get a bit of sawdust under the belt now and then as there is a touch of play in there. I get mine from Applied Industrial.

I've never had a Goodyear B56 with any play in it, they fit tight.  I've tried a couple off brands that did have a touch of play.  Tk likes tight belts, WM likes loose belts, Cooks likes crowned wheels all which work good.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

customsawyer

As I stated the B56 belts on the LT40 are tight and there is no room for anything to get under them but the B72 on the LT 70 has just a touch of slack. 99% of the time it is not a problem but there is always that 1%.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!