iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

540 G III

Started by treefarmer87, May 20, 2011, 02:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treefarmer87

this is a really good looking machine. i would love to own one :) is there any differance in production in it and my c5? it is just a little bigger, and only weighs 22,000 lbs

http://www.amcars.cz/?page=iWork/JohnDeere540GIII
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Bobus2003

Difference in production.. prolly not much.. difference in price.. considerable

treefarmer87

1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

bushmechanic

Difference in production-oh yeah just in operator comfort alone. 8)

Autocar

Nice machine but boy would a guy have a high stress level on those monthly payments especially with the weather we have had for the last five months.
Bill

treefarmer87

new on machinery trader it ranges from $160-200,000 :o :o :o
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

PAFaller

They are big money but guys do buy them. There are some 2 and 3 man crews around here that seem to always be upgrading equipment, and have fairly new stuff, but boy do they work. I would never want to be up against payments and forced to work through weather like we have had this spring. I know the payments come regardless, and maybe if you are contracted to a mill they fix the mess, but I have seen guys working with ruts to the belly pan and beyond. Never quite understood that. Just because the machine will go doesn't mean you should. With that said though there are benefits to new equipment. Most of it has a warranty to cover big stuff in the first couple years, of course operator comfort is a big one, and they almost always start and run well. A three man crew, with one guy cutting, one guy skidding, and one on the landing is a heck of a setup, and if everyone is versed in all the jobs you can really bang some wood out. For crews like that having good running equipment is essential to keep rolling, so many will buy new. Don't know too many one man shows that go out and buy brand new stuff though, thats a lot of iron for one guy to pay off. Maybe if I won the lottery.... ;)
It ain't easy...

Bobus2003

Quote from: PAFaller on May 23, 2011, 07:34:50 PM
They are big money but guys do buy them. There are some 2 and 3 man crews around here that seem to always be upgrading equipment, and have fairly new stuff, but boy do they work. I would never want to be up against payments and forced to work through weather like we have had this spring. I know the payments come regardless, and maybe if you are contracted to a mill they fix the mess, but I have seen guys working with ruts to the belly pan and beyond. Never quite understood that. Just because the machine will go doesn't mean you should. With that said though there are benefits to new equipment. Most of it has a warranty to cover big stuff in the first couple years, of course operator comfort is a big one, and they almost always start and run well. A three man crew, with one guy cutting, one guy skidding, and one on the landing is a heck of a setup, and if everyone is versed in all the jobs you can really bang some wood out. For crews like that having good running equipment is essential to keep rolling, so many will buy new. Don't know too many one man shows that go out and buy brand new stuff though, thats a lot of iron for one guy to pay off. Maybe if I won the lottery.... ;)

A 2 man operation here bought a new 648G III a couple years ago. One guy fells limbs and marks the wood, other skids, bucks and piles. saw this machine for sale at the Deere Dealer so I think they upgraded again:

treefarmer87

they are really nice i like the new 548s :)
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

jerryatric

Wagner just bought One off a fellow Logger friend, He bought it new in 06 put 1100 hrs on it to pay for it. Sold it for 90k. Funny story when he bought it within 1 hr he had it burried. Never got it stuck again. They make you very lazy in the winter. you don't wanna get out of the cab.

Thank You Sponsors!