iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Shoe Story

Started by Jeff, May 20, 2011, 10:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I guess it's never to late to learn something new. Like how to tie my shoe. :D   Really.  Maybe everyone already knew about this, but it was news to me, and actually very helpful. I always wondered about that funky extra hole in the top of tennis shoes. Now I know. Am I the only one that didn't?

Anyway, here is my shoe tie tutorial  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8LmDLosGFs
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Paul_H

Hey,that's how we tie our leather caulk boots only you don't have the two holes close together but make an eye and push it through the last hole on each side to get that same loop you have there.
It's fast and they never come undone.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Raider Bill

I just ordered a pair of boots from west coast boot co. Will have to try that.  Never knew.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

thecfarm

It all makes perfect sense. I had no idea.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

Now, just add the right crossing when making the bow, and the bow will be horizontal and not vertical (as in the vid). :)

The knot is a square knot, and not a granny knot. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Texas Ranger

We never had this DanG much trouble with our Flyers!!!!!!!!!!!
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

doctorb

Look at that right hand working!!!
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Raider Bill

And slingless too! 8) 8) 8)

gunman63

wont work if u have a belly, I  just tie mine once, throw them on the floor and slip them on, LOL

Raider Bill

See that's the difference. A year ago Jeff may not have been able to do this now he's ready to run a triathlon in them new felony flyers! :) :)

pigman

Shoes, who wears shoes. ;)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Warbird

That's interesting.  I didn't know about that either, Jeff.

D Hagens

That's how I tie my shoes when I go running. Doing that on my hiking boots really helps with support and it also keeps your angles firm.

Patty

Well I'll be darned.....who knew why those stupid extra holes were there!!    It is a sad day when I have to watch a tutorial on how to tie my shoes....all these years I have been doing it wrong.  ::)   Is that why mine keep coming untied? I always thought it was those funky round shoelaces were the culprit, now I know it was just me not tieing my shoes correctly.  ::)     I feel pretty danged stupid now.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

moosehunter

That is cool, no wonder my shoes are uncomfortible. They are too small!! The things you learn on the FF.
Nice to see that hand working Jeff.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Norm

Well I'll be darned!

Thanks for the tip Jeff.

Shotgun

Man!  It seems like just a short time ago Jeff couldn't even tie his shoes.  Now he's an expert.  :o      :D

I'm like the others.  I learned something from you today, Jeff.  I wonder what percentage of the population has ever had this explained. It's good info.  Thanks Jeff.

Norm

Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Larry

I'm gonna instruct Kathy on the proper way to tie her shoes.  I'll act like I was born with this advanced shoe tying knowledge...just got to time it right so I don't get bopped with a skillet. :o

Think I'll also stop by the shoe store.  The Doc says I'm getting corns cause my shoes don't fit right.  Whata I know? :D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

beenthere

Quote from: D Hagens on May 20, 2011, 01:14:54 PM

That's how I tie my shoes when I go running. Doing that on my hiking boots really helps with support and it also keeps your angles firm.

And Jeff needs firmer angles. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Coon

Larry, you had better film you insturcting her.  ;)  We need to see her reaction.   :D 
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

isawlogs

Well I am with the learned today ,  :P 8)

Norm , you will be fine, Patty now knows how to tigh your shows for you ;) :)  I am sure she will get real good with practice :) :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Shotgun

I go through several pairs of tennis shoes a year.  I play tennis...lots of tennis. Three to 5 times a week, year around.  Anyway, I have always cut the laces short so they don't drag on the court. Couldn't figure out why they put such long laces in the shoes.  I now know what the deal is. But I'm not going to buy larger shoes like Jeff.  I do tie mine with a square bow, "been there".  Former boy scout.

Thanks again, Jeff.           8)

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Ron Wenrich

Seems that a bunch of us are behind the technology curve.  I wonder how long they've been using that method?
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Norm

Quote from: isawlogs on May 20, 2011, 09:04:50 PM
Norm , you will be fine, Patty now knows how to tigh your shows for you ;) :)  I am sure she will get real good with practice :) :)

Funny you should mention that Marcel, it was about a year ago that I blew out my knee. Patty not only had to tie my shoes but also help put on my socks.  :D

red oaks lumber

iv'e seen those holes in my shoes but didn't have a clue why they were there. to bad i learned it on the last day of the world :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Thank You Sponsors!