iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

how to change lower track cam rollers?

Started by gdingee, May 20, 2011, 06:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gdingee

My Woodmizer 1997 LT40HD has been binding as it travels down the bed and so recently purchased six new track rollers. I know there are 8 rollers in total but was told that the two on the very bottom are never in contact and should never show wear or seize.

They are indeed turning freely and appear to be free of any wear.

I was able to change the top rollers without difficulty and noted that the mill moves so much more easily on the return.

However, I am unsure how to change the two bottom rollers which run along the side of the bottom rail. The one on the front in particular is worn badly and seems to be the main culprit in causing my mill to bind as it travels down the bed.

It seems the only to change those two is to dismantle the whole bracket mechanism that holds the rollers. I am afraid to tackle this for fear of not getting the mill back in proper alignment.

Is there an easier way?

Thanks for any help

Graydon

WH_Conley

Support the outboard side of the saw head. Take the 2 outside adjusting nuts off the bracket, do not turn the inside adjusting nuts. There is one bolt running through the bracket, adjusting how close the bottom rollers are to the rail. That will take the whole assembly off. The one long bolt should be the only one you have to worry about adjusting when putting it back together. As long as you don't turn the inside adjusting bolts the whole process should only take a few minutes.
Bill

Bibbyman

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!