iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

B20 Stainless bed covers

Started by logloper, May 19, 2011, 10:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

logloper

Wondered if anyone else has had trouble with the edge of the covers nearest the log stops peeling up? We were haveing trouble with boards not being square and found this to be the cause. The edge by the log stops was slightly curled up on the first three covers. Didn't look like much, but it was tipping the board out just a bit. Mabe 1/8 inch. Caused trouble mostly when edgeing. Took them all off and have had no more trouble.
  It's just that little tab at the end thats curling up.

Larry

You mean like this?

The fix is a TIG with a bit of stainless rod.

My 2000 is equipped with dragback.  If I had left those tabs up in the air they would have been ripped off while dragging back.  And yes they also create squareness problems when sawing beams or cants.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

ladylake

i used a couple of stainless screws countersunk , I like the welding idea better, would a stick welder with thin stainless rods work.  Unhook the computer when welding on your machine.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

laffs

i  dont think you need stainless rods, your welding dissimilar metals to start with. the stainless doesnt rust and its a little harder, just tack or weld it and paint it. youd probably have to use some paint if you used stainless rods anyway
timber harvester,tinberjack230,34hp kubota,job ace excavator carpenter tools up the yingyang,

sgschwend

One counter sunk flat head machine screw should do it.  Then the covers can still be easily taken off.

Redbeard's B20 tabs are a lot shorter than yours.  His was up a very small amount (1/64" or so).
Steve Gschwend

sjgschwend@gmail.com

redbeard

Good call on the bed rail covers i did have some material under one of them would have been a problem down the road, I.am going to tap a machine screw in good idea Steve.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Thank You Sponsors!