iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hydro-Ax mulcher

Started by logloper, May 18, 2011, 10:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logloper

Anyone else on here running a mulcher of any kind? I've been sitting in one for a few days and it sure is boring. But dry.

sjfarkas

I run a mulcher on a bobcat on the weekends.  Some jobs get boring, then some jobs all I can think about is getting home, but some jobs are a lot of fun because I can just blow and go and cover a lot of ground fast and not worry about the looks of the mulch.
Always try it twice, the first time could've been a fluke.

Bobus2003

Its like everything.. Its fun for the first little bit, then the new gets worn off and its boring..

sawmillsi

the mob i work for are looking at a mulcher for the back of the 100hp Valtra 4WD tractor to reduce the logging slash and to make fire breaks.

any ideas?

logloper

Have a friend that works for a company that runs 11 mulchers all the time. He recently started running a new Barko machine with a FAE head on it. He said its much better than the Fecon head he had been running. I think you would want a drum style head (Fecon, Fae, Cat, etc.) on the back of a tractor. I wonder about the tractor makeing it through the slash without getting tore up. Could you put a mulching head on a piece of equipment you already have when you need it? They have them to go on dozers, and on excavator style machines.
            I'd much rather run a skidder or cutting machine. The Hydro-Ax feels like you are mowing the lawn all day. Work is work I guess.

Thank You Sponsors!