iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Angle on a Hall Table

Started by Lud, May 15, 2011, 10:47:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lud

The Sister-in-Law has been in the house she had built 12 years and I finally built the hall table I'd promised her "when I had the time".

Entry hall is kind of narrow and the molding stuck out a bit over the tile.

I'd cut some gnarly ash slabs years before and noticed I could match them end to end for a mirror join that kind of made a face.  I wrapped that in some maple and planned for a quarter inch plate glass top.  I angled the legs in from both directions two and a half degrees so it would "stand on it's tippy-toes".  Also I used a cherry corner piece on the tapered legs to enhance the line and color.  The maple  shelf is trapped by the legs but floats for movement and got some little support blocks  after I trimmed  the leg tips at installation to get it as level as I could.

Here's the face

She likes it  and is already putting stuff on it.

I had to allow for front and closet doors opening.   She then had me go to the basement and pull out a piece of mirror she'd been saving (24 x 36) that will hang over the table when I make a maple frame for it.   

She hopes she doesn't have to wait 12 years for it! 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

blaze83

very nice Lud :)

i love seeing other peoples creativity manifested......far nicer use of the knarly ash then firewood.....having a saw mill is soooooooooo Coooool 8)

again, very nice

steve
I'm always amazed that no matter how bad i screw up Jesus still loves me

Burlkraft

Nice job Lud  8)  8)

Great design and I love the gnarly wood. It's what I use most of the time.  ;D

She knows that you just can't just run out and buy something like that.

I really do enjoy your projects. Keep up the good work  ;) :)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

WDH

You are DanG right that you cannot go out and buy anything like that.  It is a one of a kind original.  It nestles right in there just like it belongs.  Beautiful!!!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

jamesamd

Lud,that is what it is all about,just Dang SWEET!
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

Lud

In the words of the Elvis....."Thankyouverymuch"........

The kind regard of folks with similar skills, experiences, and interests, such as we have here on the Forum mean an awful lot to me .

Mind you the ladies kissin' me on the cheek in gratitude for whatever gift of wood I've made for them is it's own reward which I appreciate on a different level.............. 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Thank You Sponsors!