iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Little Woodshop Inside

Started by tcsmpsi, May 13, 2011, 07:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tcsmpsi

A little inside of the woodshop I posted on sawmills and milling.

\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Magicman

Looks are deceiving.  That is larger than I realized from the outside pictures.  Dimensions?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Very well done.  It looks like it is aching to build something  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

tcsmpsi

It is, 12'W X 20'L X 10'H, Magicman. 

Yes, Danny.  It is aching.  There are actually several projects in various forms of production, cut out and awaiting further assembly.
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

LOGDOG

Very nice. A place for everything and everything in it's place.

Burlkraft

What did ya use for wood on the floor?

Looks nice!
Why not just 1 pain free day?

tcsmpsi

The floor is just milled 1" pine of different widths, of the more mildewed variety, as was the siding...and the framing.

I have the parts cut out of white oak for a rifle case, some keepsake boxes from bubinga and goncalo alves and just a little tambooti.

The tambooti is a sample from what I have been told is a large pickup load, I await for delivery to render...for some of the wood as a fee.  I am looking forward to that. 

Lud

Real nice looking set-up.  That roof's for rain and shade, right?  You don't worry about snow load, I'm guessin'. ;)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

D Hagens

OK please tell me that's a BBQ under the green tarp 8) 8) Every shop needs a BBQ, I have 2 at my shop and a tv and a beer cooler 8) 8)

tcsmpsi

No snow loads of consequence.  Just 110 mph sustained winds, from time to time, providing a flying tree here and there.

No sir, not a BBQ pit.   :) And, alas, I don't drink beer. 

tcsmpsi

Newest project out from the new little woodshop.  Polk County white oak, with cocobolo holding the rifle and cartridges. 

Hopefully, this well renowned assault rifle will not end up in the hands of the Mexican drug cartels, by way of the United States Department of Justice (sic).   :D

SwampDonkey

Nice spot there son.  Years of enjoyment await.  ;D  ;)

Nice gun case and cabinet to.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

You must be a descendant of Lucas McCain  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

tcsmpsi

Quote from: WDH on July 22, 2011, 10:05:41 PM
You must be a descendant of Lucas McCain  :).

Have yet to find a McCain attached to the tree.  However, there seem to be no end to the names I have found attached.   Must have been a 'sociable' lot back in the wilderness years.   :D

That said, ol' Lucas did have his impact.  ;)

I did put up a post in the "Gun Talk" thread on the full membership board talking a bit about the rifle.

I don't know what will or won't become of it, SD.  It's in the shop, and as things in the shop, I'm not as attached as the right offer at the right time seems to be.   :)

Magicman

I think that a good offer would be called a "motivator".   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!