iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jill's Friends

Started by Burlkraft, May 09, 2011, 07:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

For the past 3 years the house next door to us has been empty and a momma fox has raised her family in the woods near the lot line.
She has 4 youngins this year and they are pretty funny to watch  :)

Why not just 1 pain free day?

fishpharmer

Pretty cool having them so close. 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

doctorb

My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

beenthere

Good pics. How close were you at the time?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

That one seems to be watching the "picture taker".   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

It's neat to be able to watch the little animals grow up like that!

Two years ago there were two Red Fox dens close together along a dirt road on my school bus route and we (me and the bus load of kids) would usually see the foxes at both ends of the day!

We considered it a blessing!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Burlkraft

Quote from: beenthere on May 09, 2011, 09:04:48 AM
Good pics. How close were you at the time?

Jill was about 15 feet or so away.
She talks to them and they cock their heads and bark at her!  :D  :D

She had the camera zoomed up and held it against a tree.

She got some really good shots.  ;)

Raider Bill

Foxes are ok to have around? Figure they would kill off the little critters. Do you have chickens?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Norm

All I can see there is a new fur coat in the making.  :D

Sprucegum

8) You shouldn't have any problems with mice or squirrels or chickens  ;)

Tom

We have fox around my place too, but we don't see them often. Rabies must be taking care of most of them.  I see a decomposed body around the pond now and again. 

When the foxes are numerous, our quail population zeros out.  They are cute little fellows though.

Burlkraft

Don't have any chickens....

Got a lot less squirrels now, which doesn't bother me cuz we had way too many.

Only the smart ones are left  :D  :D  :D

Gotta kinda keep an eye on the cat tho...

beenthere

Next time Jill is taking pics, get some video of how she does it. :)  ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ernie

That's great.  Takes me back about 60 years ago to the Don valley in Toronto as a little kid.  Thanks for the memories :)
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

SwampDonkey

Tippy isn't around so much now. I know they come around at night along with the skunks for scraps. Saw the skunk this morning, he must'a been around the turkey carcass. ;D I had a den of pups a couple times in the back yard over the years, it's more wild back there with brush and scrubs and woods. They stayed in ground hog holes. I also saw a family one summer hanging out near the neighbors chicken coop. :D

Those little guys are curious as to what's going on. ;)

At the end of the road we had a farm where a house stood, someone burnt it, but the out house was left and a fox came there a time or two to have pups.

Lots of foxes around, in the winter they leave tracks on the edge of field and woods.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Burlkraft

Quote from: beenthere on May 09, 2011, 04:57:17 PM
Next time Jill is taking pics, get some video of how she does it. :)  ;)

Maybe after you get done quilting you could stop over for a first hand lesson  :D :D :D :D

beenthere

:D :D :D

I got chased outta there last night. One too many suggestions...  ::)
south central Wisconsin

SwampDonkey

Someone could go cold this winter. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!