iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I'm sorry for misleading you...

Started by Dodgy Loner, May 08, 2011, 09:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgy Loner

As some of you who frequent the Woodworking section have seen, I have been busy building child-sized rockers for past couple of months. On that thread, I mentioned that the first rocker I made was for my Dad, because "his grandkids seem to be multiplying lately".

What I failed to mention is that one of those grandchildren, due to enter this world on November 8 (one day after my birthday) will belong my wife and I.  8) 8) 8)

We just gave the cherry rocker - and the good news - to my in-laws for Mother's Day. Now that all of our family has formally been notified, I figured it was time for all of y'all to know. We are very excited and looking forward to meeting Little Loner. :)
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

tyb525

Congratulations!!!

Remember, take pictures when it's born, or it didn't happen! ;) ;D
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

thecfarm

I'm excited too. Now that is some news for Mother's Day. Is this the first one for the two of you?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dodgy Loner

Yes, it will be our first, and it will be the first grandchild on my wife's side of the family :)

Quote from: tyb525 on May 08, 2011, 09:25:45 PM
Congratulations!!!
Remember, take pictures when it's born, or it didn't happen! ;) ;D

My guess is that this child will have no shortage of pictures taken! :D
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

ARKANSAWYER

The Bible says that children to a man are like arrows to a strong man.  Which means they are not much use till you shoot them away.  ;D ;D  Blessed will be you and your wife and when the nest is empty you will truly know what a blessing is.  Wes do like photos.
ARKANSAWYER

Banjo picker

Congrats...D L ....Hope all goes well...Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Magicman

I don' think that you "mislead" anyone, you just had to "time your telling" which was very understandable.    ;)

Congratulations to you and your bride.  What a wonderful way to celebrate your 1st anniversary knowing that you will be parents before the end of this year.

Thanks for now sharing this happy news with the "rest of your family".   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pigman

Quote from: pigman on April 17, 2011, 01:35:17 PM
Dodgy, you had better make some chairs for your future children. When they come along you won't have time to make chairs.
Well Dodgy, the future child is on the way, get to work on a chair.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

sawguy21

Well now, you sneaky devil you. :D Congratulations are in order. smiley_beertoast
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Tom

Ah-h!  November.   What a great month. :)

LeeB

Congrats. Just got the same news from my daughter today.  ;D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

sandhills

Congratulations to both you and LeeB, and from personal experience Pigman is right, build the chair now cause you won't have time later  ;).

Norm

Congratulations DL!

And to you also Lee!

ely

Chuck White

Congratulations to the parents to be!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

paul case

congratulations 8)  hope it all goes well.
it was a cold february here too. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Radar67

That is good news Dodgy. Set a date in December and I'll take your family Christmas Pictures.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Dodgy Loner

Thanks to all for the kind words and well-wishes. Everyone keeps telling me that my life will never be the same, so I just tell them that my life has never been the same ;D.

Quote from: Magicman on May 08, 2011, 09:43:36 PM
I don' think that you "mislead" anyone, you just had to "time your telling" which was very understandable.

Yes, I just meant it as kind of a joke - as you noted, the title of the thread itself is misleading ;)

Quote from: Radar67 on May 09, 2011, 10:07:54 AM
That is good news Dodgy. Set a date in December and I'll take your family Christmas Pictures.

Thanks for the offer, Radar. Don't be surprised if we take you up on that! :)

Radar67

I'm expecting it. I am only an hour away from your new location.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Burlkraft

Why not just 1 pain free day?

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Warbird

Congratulations, DL!  So happy for you both.

old joe

Congrats on the rug rat !!!  Kids are the hardest work you'll ever enjoy!!
Joe
THE NEW YANKEE TIL A NEWER ONE ARRIVES THEN I\'LL BE THE OLD YANKEE

ellmoe

Quote from: Tom on May 09, 2011, 12:39:15 AM
Ah-h!  November.   What a great month. :)

You know it ,Tom.  ;D Perhaps the future DL Jr, will share a birthday with me. This year it is 11/11/11 !

CONGRATS!!!
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

clww

Congratulations to both of you!!!
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!