iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Vinyl flooring repair...a question

Started by Banjo picker, May 06, 2011, 06:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banjo picker

Does any one on here know a compound that can be made to seal the seams on a vinyl floor repair...?  Hate to buy a whole bunch for just a few small patches...Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

jim king

Do a search for --------------   vinyl floor repair   

A lot of information.

breederman

Go to a flooring store and ask. My wife says they sell small cans of vinyl seam sealer for, she thinks, around $12.
Together we got this !

Banjo picker

Thanks guys ...I found some on ebay ...I was just wondering if the stuff was a compound that I might already have with another name on it like finger nail polish remover or something like that.... :-\  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

D Hagens

I heat seal the seams, it's a much better job, it's invisible and it won't come up down the road. :)

Banjo picker

Thanks for the tip...I believe I will try that....Tim

D Hagens

I just replied to your mail and the heat gun will weld your seams perfectly. :) I forgot to say that you can perfect it on a few pieces of scraps in a few minutes. :)

Banjo picker

Banjo picker

I tried the heat gun...it didn't work for me...I am going the chemical route for the rest of the repairs...Tim

D Hagens

Are you using a 1500 or above heat gun? You're welding the two together, basically you're melting them together to get a perfect seam :)
Post some pics so we can see where your at.

Thank You Sponsors!