iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wisdom teeth

Started by doctorb, May 05, 2011, 06:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doctorb

Just had my remaining two wisdom teeth removed this afternoon.  What fun!  Wish they had taken them all out when I was 16.  Anybody else remember this torture?  I'd rather be water boarded!
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Shotgun

Yup, I remember.  I had my second wisdom tooth removed when I was 17 (1955).  The oral surgeon gave me a shot glass of whiskey before starting the removal. My mother wasn't happy.   :D

The other two came out later.  Not a real problem though. No whiskey then.

You'll be over it soon.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Jeff

I was in my 30's and it was done via oral surgery. I had bits and pieces of bone coming out of my mouth for 2 months.  Not any fun at all.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

doctorb

Had them removed as a preventive measure prior to my total hip replacement at the end of June.  Talked to one of my partners earlier today, who spent 9 months doing research in antarctica after college.  He said they don't let you go down there with any wisdom teeth, and he had to have his removed prior to leaving.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

KBforester

I had all 4 removed at 17. I got Novocaine, gas, and an IV. I made a pass at the the nurse when I can to.

Trees are good.

Raphael

I've still got the two uppers but the dentist is threatening to take them next time I come in...
I had the infamous extra facial nerve attached to the first one that got pulled, felt like he took my eye along with it.

Yeah my teeth are getting pretty tan from putting that next visit.   :D

... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

sprucebunny

Had all 4 removed in my late 20s. They kept me in the hospital and sedated for 3 days. Pieces surfaced for 2 years.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

wood monger

Mine were all yanked out in boot camp. I got a couple of tylenol # 3's and the rest of the day off. Next day it was back at it. Not much fun.

Ernie

The biggest problem with getting old is the lack of knowledge of recent events, like this morning, and the clarity of memory of happenings of long ago.  Got them out when just a teenager.  I wish I didn't remember. :(
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

bill m

I just had one removed Monday morning. No problem, was just a little tender for a day.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Chuck White

I had all 4 of mine out when I was in the Air Force, first hitch!

15 minutes in the chair and I was on my way back to the house!

Nothing to it, but I've heard some scary stories about them.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

red oaks lumber

had three yanked out b-4 christmas, just novacaine dont wish that on anybody the sound of tooth breaking in your head and having your jaw bent and twisted back and forth.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

SPIKER

Quote from: Chuck White on May 05, 2011, 08:44:31 PM
I had all 4 of mine out when I was in the Air Force, first hitch!

15 minutes in the chair and I was on my way back to the house!

Nothing to it, but I've heard some scary stories about them.

Same here, though I was pretty scared at 20 something and my heart rate was way up!   They were going to postpone but the doc said the IV T3 will calm me down nicely lol.   ya it did when he poked me with the needle the BP made a bit of a mess (to say the least) probably donated a pint to the floor  :o   I only had to have 3 out the 4th was NA.   The had to split my lowers in 1/4s as the roots circled my nerve bundle.   I had one impact on the top that killed the tooth 2 in front of it by growing into the root of the ones in front.   I was Temporary duty when it started to impact and they said you have two weeks to get back to main base so have to wait...   I was in agony form the impacted tooth & dead root/nerve on the one in front.   when he opened it up on Monday when I got back it was dead for sure & ROTTED  smiley_airfreshener steve_smiley   It about made both ME & the DOC to gag...   wow what a  relief when he drilled the root out though...   

I left after my root canal so relieved!   a few weeks later I got the wisdom teeth out and had Steak the same day & never had a bit of issue the AF Doc was really good and I still have his work in there the root canal tooth is great & most of his fillings are also still there 25 years later!   yet after wards I had 4 different dentists that cant get a filling to last 6 months for me!>!>!?

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Cedarman

I would like to take this time to thank my parents that had the kindness not to give me any wisdom teeth.  Thank You Mom and Dad!
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

tyb525

Had mine removed last summer. Just 2 thankfully. I was swollen and in pain for about 3 weeks though.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Texas Ranger

some of us, more evolved, probably, never had wisdom teeth, which probably explains some of my college grades. 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

beenthere

Just had two lower. At 25, had one pulled for $5. Took all of 5 minutes or so. The other one took about 1 hour and 45 minutes. All the while the Dentist kept saying "you are not going to like me". He charged me $6. But a few bits and pieces surfaced and no major discomfort that I recall. They were done with the local novocaine and my very good dentist.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sandhills

Had my bottom 2 pulled just before I started college in '91, was told to come back during Christmas break to get the top 2 pulled, oops.  Somehow I get the feeling this is going to come back and bite me in the.........

Burlkraft

I still have all 4 of mine.
I was scheduled to have all of them removed, but 3 days  before I could get to the oral surgeon,  I had my heart attack.
Now they won't pull them unless they really start bothering me.
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Papa1stuff

What does it mean when you never had any wisdom teeth? :( ;D
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

Holmes

I had all 4 taken out when I was 30. The oral surgeon said he had fun " I was sitting on your chest with my hammer and chisel trying to get the 2 lower ones out of the bone. The nurses thought it was funny " .  I ended up with 2 dried sockets and a week of pain.   Dana
Think like a farmer.

doctorb

I know you are on the edge of your seats, so here's an update. 

Everything is fine. :D

Tom

QuoteNow they won't pull them unless they really start bothering me.

That sounds like it should have been the program from the beginning.  :D :D

LIL

I'm in the camp of a wisdom tooth "horror" story.  I ended up needing a surgical extraction.  I still have my top
two wisdom teeth.  I have been unable to return to my dentist, and have now got a new dentist.
Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

thecfarm

There's a story in a post about mine. Mine did not come out that size. Mine came out in at least 4 pieces,if not 6. She worked for her money.  ;D I felt kinda sorry for her until the novocaine wore off.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!