iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

for Ironwood

Started by tyb525, May 05, 2011, 06:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyb525

I couldn't help but think of you when I saw this at work today:

Apparently the owner also has other attachments for the back, such as a backhoe, etc., and a 3pt adapter. I've never seen anything like it.

LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

snowstorm

the case dealers sold those back in the mid 70's

IMOWOOD

Thats a Unimog with CASE stickers on it

Maine76251

looks like a SEE (small emplacement excavator) when i was in the army the unit i was assigned to had 2 per combat engineer platoon . ours had a back hoe on it and we used them to dig fox holes mostly. the loader cant lift much and is pretty much worthless but they did have auxiliary hydraulics hook ups on the side to run a breaker and a chainsaw off of. and the roll over ....a lot!

fishpharmer

Cool looking Ty.  Many of those configured as Maine describes show up for cleanup duty in MS after Katrina.  I heard they were military surplus issued to local and state agencies for cleanup.  Looks handy.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

sandhills

I want one, not sure what I'd use the loader for but that tree spade would be cool  :).  And I'll bet I could tip it over as fast as anyone  :D.

ljmathias

Does seem a bit high on the center of gravity, and thank God, I haven't tipped anything over yet- came close with a rented Bobcat but escaped by the skin of my teeth, as they say.

I'd love a tree spade, too- we're moving into tree nursery start-up (maybe) once the daughter gets relocated onto the farm and takes over some of the day-to-day management (that is: make some money, girl, so we can pay for this place!).

Thing looks handy and expensive and seems to fall into the category of multitasking that we humans think we can do: the ability to do more than one thing at a time, all done badly... :D

Lj
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

Maine76251

The SEE trucks accept most UNIMOG attachments (thats basically what they are) they are a nightmare when they break down and i have never seen on that didn't have at least one class 2 hydraulic leak on it. one the up side they have great ground clearance and have front and rear locking diffs and they can travel at 55 mph. And the hydraulic chain saw that came with it was a monster!! Central Maine Power had a few with bucket lifts to maintain remote power lines.

and i guess you can skid with them as well!

http://youtu.be/3NZV6ctlWFY

houtwurm

its a unimog made in germany
homemade bandmill
stihl ms 441
case 5130 with alo quicke q690 us loader
homemade sawbench

mog5858

you guy's have a 406 there with about 150 hp or so very good trucks. not very fast but they get it done really well. with the potal axils you get very good gound cleance and don't have drive line problums. the drive shaft runs inside a torque tube. most have a PTO  front and rear as well. the thing is they are hold there price well for that you would be looking in the 25-40k. very well done trucks take a licking and keep on going this is the truck the got germany out of the WW2 depression. good buy if one can find them.

tyb525

The owner is selling it, but it has issues with the wheels rusting through from the inside, from what I hear. There are welds on a few of the rims.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

ScottAR

See these from time to time on Ebay... SEE tractor/unimog...  often with the Case backhoe attachment and loader.  I dunno what the other attachments cost.  I suspect not cheap but I suppose with a little steel and a welder most anything could be adapted.
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Ironwood

Sorry, been CRAZY busy, worked 20 hour Easter Sunday then 21 that Monday getting a delivery to NYC. Musta put in 100 hours that week. Things are getting a little more sane.

FF member Dangerous Dan has a bunch of MOG stuff and several of the implements shown on that one. They are COOL! I am a little BIG for one of those, 6' 240lbs, I could fit but not too comfy. I like 60-70 mph, A/C, and a few more creature comforts, BUT man those things are NEAT. If i had a TON of money, they make a bigger one. I saw one in Mexico City on the volcanoes to the east (Ixty, and Popo) there is a saddle between the two mountains and the crew at the transmitter station there has a BIG MOG w/ 4 wheel steer to get down the mountain if it blows. I was there 16 years ago when it was spewing. A little unnerving sleeping outside the hut (while boys where inside) at 15,000' and watching red hot rocks and lava flying  :o THEN a mouse ran right over my mummy bag and onto my face and INTO my bag at 3 am. VERY interesting night!!!!! First pic shows hut as silver bubble (in left side of pic on ridge), then the last shows the terrain the MOG would escape thru if the road were blocked.  Thanks for thinking of me.

Ironwood

There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Thank You Sponsors!