iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmizer LTH40

Started by Zambian, May 04, 2011, 09:23:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zambian

Hi Guys - not sure who can help - my first time on this forum - I have recently purchased a LTH40 and am in zambia and there are a few things i need help with
Firstly what type of hydraulic oil does it take - or equivalent remebering i am in a place that certain brands are not known
Secondly a parts manual - where can i get one
Appreciate any help

thecfarm

Wow,along ways off. Welcome to the forum. You should call the WM hot line. Did you bought that new? What's the use for all the lumber?
I know you are busy right now,but jeff would like to have a piece of wood for his ceiling.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,18953.0.html
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

fishpharmer

Hi Zambian, welcome to forestry forum!!
We have many members with lt40's that can give you advice.  I cannot, just wanted to welcome you.

What are common species of wood for you to mill in Zambia?
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Chris Burchfield

Contact Woodmizer.

For the Congo
KA-SEL ENTEREPRISES S.P.R.L
AVENUE BASUKI9
BINZA OZONE
COMMUNE DE NGALIEMA, KINSHASA
Tel: + 243 (0)817007027
MR. PATRICK SELEMANI Tel: +243 (0) 817007027
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Zambian

Thanks Guys - i am milling Zambezi teak - my only comms is by this means - only cell phones no land lines - welcome to africa - tks for the greetings

Kansas

I believe we have a manual for a HD40 mill, parts list, specs, and all. In worst case scenario, my secretary could probably scan and email that to you.

Zambian

Hi I would really appreciate it - as you can imagine living out here it is not easy to opertate - even with the internet i go to a lodge and download - will forward my e mail - tks again

Freedom6178

Welcome to the FF Zambian, I'm sure you'll find all the info you need here!! :)
------Freedom6178------

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
George S. Patton

'12 Mustang, '03 F-250 SD 4x4, Stihl Farm Boss 18"bar, '09 Arctic Cat 550 TRV EFI

sparks

Shoot me an email and I can send the info you need.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Chuck White

Hi Zambian, welcome to Forestry Forum.

This is a great place to share the knowledge!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Brucer

Answering your first question, you can use ATF (Automatic Transmission Fluid) for hydraulic fluid.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

isawlogs

As said above , automatic transmission fluid, but I have run mine with hydraulic oil for better part of 3000hrs. I don't know what grade that you would use as the temps are quite different there then here ,I am sure you could use a thicker oil that would be better in the heat.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Kansas

We use a 10 weight non detergent hydraulic oil. Indol 32 by Cenex, although I doubt they have an outlet in Zambia.

I am curious. How did you wind up with a WM in Zambia?

Magicman

It looks like your questions have been answered, but I will say Welcome to the Forestry Forum and congratulations on the sawmill.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tmatimbira

hie zambian, am interested to know where you bought your mill and for how much, am operating in zimbabwe

beenthere

tmatimfira
Welcome to the forum.

Are you looking to import a mill into Zimbabwe?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!