iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Any tuning Tricks for a Rancher 455?

Started by Just Me, May 03, 2011, 07:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Me

I needed a saw on a jobsite 4 hrs away from home the other day, and all that was available was a 455 at Farm and Fleet. Was saving for a 357XP, but that will have to wait now.

Is there anthing I should know about this saw, and are there any little tricks to make the power come up?

Thanks, Larry

05_sprcrw

I don't really have any tricks, but the one I have used for cutting firewood the last 2 years has served me well. I just had to make the carb run a little more rich when I got it. Other then that the only other thing I can suggest is a smaller bar the the 20" that most come with. It works ok with a 20 but I really really like that saw with a 16" bar and LGX chain.

ladylake

Yes if it's boggy at all pull the limiter caps and open the high up, a lot of saws come set to lean and only GOOD dealers would adjust them right, other than that you could open up the muff some as most newer saws are clogged up .   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

tomsteve

do a google search for husky 455 muffler mod.

Just Me

I should probably run it for a while as is while it is under warrenty and see if it blows up.

Just Me

Ok, this thing is a leaker. Bar oil all over no matter which way I set it, on its side or standing up. My old husky still doesn't leak. Is there a quick cure?

05_sprcrw

is it just normal amounts that drip off the saw after a days cutting? If I ran mine while tuning it would "leak" I couldn't figure it out but then I realized it slings the oil all over the cover and instead of the wood chips soaking it up it would drip down and give the appearance of leaking.

Just Me

No this is a empty the tank kind of leak......

Larry

05_sprcrw

hmmmm did it get a crack in the tank?

Just Me

I took it back and got my money back.

I'm going to buy an XP.

Thank You Sponsors!