iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Liability insurance for timber cruising.

Started by banksiana, April 29, 2011, 08:12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

banksiana

My liability insurance premiums keep going up each year.  What and where are you other US based consulting foresters using for insurance?  I would change in a second if it was cheaper.

Ron Scott

Have you tried the Outdoorsman Insurance Company? What is your liability insurance for and what does it cover?
~Ron

Ron Scott

Are you a member of SAF?

Membership Benefit: Consulting Forester's Liability and Prescribed Burn Liability Insurance Coverage

Do you need comprehensive, reliable, and affordable insurance coverage specifically designed to protect consulting foresters? If so, visit the SAF website to find out more on how SAF can help you get it.

http://www.eforester.org/fp/insurance_coverage.cfm
~Ron

SwampDonkey

The insurers around here told me they couldn't insure for crop yield. In other words for cruising timber and making projections for some future harvest. A csruise is only a snap shot in time. The professional liability insurance the BC RPF and CFP associations were pushing, costs several thousand dollars and no coverage for crop yields. There might be some out there. But seems high risk for an insurer, because once you are gone after the cruise, lots of things can happen you may not have control over.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

greenbarforestry

I have coverage from Outdoor Underwriters. From South Carolina, perhaps? I am not an insurance whiz by any means, but I am happy so far. But then again, I haven't needed the insurance yet either. They have a consulting forester's endorsement that covers forestry related items from timber sales to TSI to herbicide/fire. Like I said, I don't know much about it but you can check it out for yourself.

Thank You Sponsors!