iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's wrong with this picture ?

Started by sprucebunny, April 28, 2011, 06:41:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprucebunny

I don't need to tell you where it's made/printed.

PS This left my computer rotated the right way !! ??? There. Fixed it.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Mooseherder

sprucebunny

pigman

I though a mm was the same in any language. The mm in the second column is different than the mm value in the last column.  :-\
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

gunman63

the last column is a continuation of the second column...

DouginUtah

-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

AvT

I agree doug,  the test loop section should probably be in mm instead of inches,,,,, pretty thick loops otherwise
Wannabe sawyer, Cord King M1820 firewood processor Palax KS35 Ergo firewood Processor, 5403 John Deere, Bunch of other farm equipment,   LT70 Remote Woodmizer.  All good things but the best things in life are free.. If you don't believe me.. hold your breath for 2 minutes

Bill

Nothing like the humility of having something right under your nose and still not being able to see it - sigh . . .

Bout the only thing I see ( DouginUtah/AvT may be on to it here )  is the last section is in inches only - the others have both mm and inches .

Ok inquiring minds ( and I use the term loosely  ! ) would like to know .

sprucebunny

Hmmm... how long should I let you all stew ???  ;D

I bought this to set spark plug gap.

Bill

Well since you put it that way -

I've seen plugs that required a .028" gap ( they'd be more my age ;-)

and I hear some of the newer HEI plugs go to as much as .050"  ( I think ???  )

AvT

well the numbers for the loop guages are definately wrong. upon further investigations I found,  They should have a 0 after the decimal point like .025 and so on. 
Wannabe sawyer, Cord King M1820 firewood processor Palax KS35 Ergo firewood Processor, 5403 John Deere, Bunch of other farm equipment,   LT70 Remote Woodmizer.  All good things but the best things in life are free.. If you don't believe me.. hold your breath for 2 minutes

Raphael

I'm just wondering why I'd need safety glasses to use a feeler gauge.   ???   :D
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

sprucebunny

Doug and AvT you are definately correct  ;D A third of an inch of gap wouldn't work so well. I don't know who proofreads this stuff but you'd think someone would notice. It really made me look twice !! Odd that we would have any doubt ... >.33< is a whole heck of a lot more than >.033<. Does it mean that we're adapting to typographical errors ???   :o

I wondered about the safety glasses, too  :D

SwampDonkey

I suspect it was messed up in translation. Was it from Brazil/Mexico or China? :D

Should read the manual to my planer from 20 years ago. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sprucebunny

Translation ? What do they use for numbers in China ???

Is one thirty three thousandsth ( way ) bigger when translated ???  ;D

Patty

Quote from: SwampDonkey on April 28, 2011, 05:52:52 PM
I suspect it was messed up in translation. Was it from Brazil/Mexico or China? :D

Should read the manual to my planer from 20 years ago. ;)

That reminds me of the Service Manuals we used to get from Sony Corp back in the day.....so many things just would not translate well, such as when they were referring to the ground wire or to ground out a connection.....they would use the term earth or soil.  :D You had to read through it a time or two to catch on to their meaning.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Tom

Yes, and liberal applications of sentences like: Thank you to turn the under screw the clock way to keeping it from making finger emergency.

Brucer

Quote from: Patty on April 29, 2011, 01:07:08 PM
... when they were referring to the ground wire or to ground out a connection.....they would use the term earth or soil.  :D

"Earth" is the term the British use. According to my Japanese dictionary, "ground", "earth", and "soil" all translate to the same Japanese word -- "tochi".

I've seen a fair number of translations that are pretty close to Tom's example.

I've run across a few examples like the one Joan gives. Whoever is doing the conversion/translation/proofreading has no knowledge of the subject and won't recognize when something doesn't make sense.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

isawlogs

I get alot of that very type of translation from English to French. Its all backassforward.  ::)  I sometimes I willjust sit here and laugh from what I get translated  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!