iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Saw these JD's today

Started by tyb525, April 27, 2011, 07:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyb525

Looks like skidders converted to sprayers? They appeared by that on ramp a few days ago and haven't moved since.

LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

bill m

I see a power line in the background. Maybe for that. They might be waiting for stuff to leaf out a little more before spraying.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

tyb525

I thought it somewhat strange, they're in the middle of the grass between the off ramp and the interstate.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

tapper2

Those are pretty cool machines, around here, the power company has some like those for clearing power line stretches. They also have some skidders with basket lifts on the back. No tire chains or winches, just support equipment. Low hours on those machines.
Belsaw m14, 1992 Ford 1720, Homebuilt  bandmill, Franklin 120b & a bunch of worn out, banged up stuff........gotta love it.

tyb525

Those are probably the 3rd and 4th skidders I've ever seen in this part of the state. Just not much logging activity I guess, and those aren't even used for skidding.

Not sure of the exact model, looks like they're possibly 440s from the 70's

Magicman

Our Interstate ROW's are being sprayed for weeds which grow much faster than grass and require more frequent bushhogging.  It should reduce ROW maintenance.  It may be nationwide?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

paul case

maybe the skidders we use are supposed to be sprayers and have just been modified to skid logs.   ;D   pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Coon

I have seen similar setups around here in the past with the exception that they had larger pumps and were actually used for fire suppression on the prairies.  ;)
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Bobus2003

There are prolly 30 modified skidders within 50 miles of me.. From Skidgines, Weed Sprayers, Bucket Trucks, Cranes, Multi Winch Powerline Pullers, Off-Road Trailer Movers

Quote from: Coon on April 27, 2011, 11:40:26 PM
I have seen similar setups around here in the past with the exception that they had larger pumps and were actually used for fire suppression on the prairies.  ;)

Skidgines! My dad designed a tank pump setup to go on my 440.. See them alot out west.. even seen modified forwarders with 2-2500 gallon tanks, and a monitor (nozzle) mounted on the end of the boom

bill m

Skidgines! My dad designed a tank pump setup to go on my 440.. See them alot out west.. even seen modified forwarders with 2-2500 gallon tanks, and a monitor (nozzle) mounted on the end of the boom
[/quote]
I don't think you could put two 2500 gallon tanks ( 21 tons of water ) on any forwarder.

hillsidevt

tigercat, deere, timber pro and caterpillar all make forwarders rated at 20 - 22 tons

bill m

Maybe some of them can carry that amount of weight but what about the physical size of two 2500 gal. tanks. I'm not saying it can't be done, I'd like to see some pictures.

hillsidevt

Here's an interesting forwarder conversion coming up for auction at a farm in vt soon. ad says it's a 1985 tj 520 with a 6000 gal diller manure tank / spreader.  http://www.auctionzip.com/Full-Image/1121348/fp41.cgi

Ron Scott

They make good forest fire fighting units with a tank, pump, and spray nozzels properly fitted on them. We've used them here for firefighting since the late 1960's. Most of them were Timberjacks.
~Ron

beenthere

Our local townships are putting road load restrictions on our roads (some year around) because of the size of the manure tankers being used to haul manure to farmland sometimes several miles from the dairy farms.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Coon

beenthere,  that is probably the best thing you could ever do is to ban them big manure haulers from using the public roads.  I used to apply manure to fields for a living but we used a mainline hose system rather than tankers. The company I worked for had contractors that used tankers and it cost them big bucks to repair the roads..... somewhere to the tune of $60,000 for every hundred yards distance that needed repaired.  One particular incedent they had to repair over 2 miles..... :o    :D   
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

treefarmer87

if you could convert the TJ to a prehauler with a loader that would be a nice rig :)
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Bobus2003

Quote from: treefarmer87 on April 29, 2011, 08:27:53 PM
if you could convert the TJ to a prehauler with a loader that would be a nice rig :)

Theirs a JD 440C a few miles from my house that was stretched, and modified into a forwarder.. Roof mounted loader.. Actually did a really nice job on the machine

treefarmer87

thats a nice one! i havent seen too many JD prehaulers
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

thecfarm

That roof mount would come in real handy.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bobus2003

Heres a Modified Timbco Forwarder:

And a Rottne maybe?

sziva

Quote from: hillsidevt on April 28, 2011, 07:34:54 PM
Here's an interesting forwarder conversion coming up for auction at a farm in vt soon. ad says it's a 1985 tj 520 with a 6000 gal diller manure tank / spreader.  http://www.auctionzip.com/Full-Image/1121348/fp41.cgi

We have got timberjack 520 therefore i interested this machine.

Thank You Sponsors!