iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tornados came to Texas

Started by Texas Ranger, April 26, 2011, 01:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

quarter to one, sitting here watching radar, under a tornado watch.  Just had the be Jesus scared out of me by a thunder clap. 

Looks like Texas getting their share.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

ARKANSAWYER

Well you should have roped them because they came to Arkansas and done some damage.  We had them north and south of us in the last few days.  One went down by the mill last night so I have to go to work to see if there is any damage.  Got some more coming tonight.  Vilonia got hammered last night.
ARKANSAWYER

Texas Ranger

news said two tornado's, one north and one south of us.  We did get almost 2 inches of rain, which is the first in a very long time.

Burlkraft

Hang on TR!!!

Hope ya didn't have any damage.
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Texas Ranger

Thanks, Steve, no, we dodged the bullet this time.

Norm

Good to see you guys getting some rain finally. Was it pretty wide spread?

Texas Ranger

Pretty much wide spread, just not enough, a full line moved through from west to east, but only about 40 miles wide, we got a little less than 2 inches, other places less.

Still going to be a catch up year for rain.

LeeB

Rotation for the one I think Arky is talking about started right over the house. Had me worried for a little while. I bout had enough of this rain for a while. 15 inches or so and raining again now. 3-6 inches expected with this round.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

ARKANSAWYER

Getting hammered again.  Rain and thunder and the TV calling for us to hunker down as they are all around us.  Sounds like one south of me now.  We are getting plenty of rain.  The lake is coming up about a foot an hour right now.  It will be to the top of the dam before long.  Glad I am on top of the hill.  We had water front property at the mill today as the creek flooded in the valley.  Pond in the front yard has come up 8 to 10 ft so far.  The catfish are a liking it.
ARKANSAWYER

DanG

Does Woodmizer make a rod holder to fit a LT70?  Keep yer heads down fellers!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

they just might, DanG.  A few years ago another mill owner around here showed me a toothless band they had sent to him when he complained of the teeth on the ones he was using not staying sharp.  I reckon they might call that a "Fillet" band.

Texas Ranger

That Arkansas stuff came out of Texas, again, but 30 miles to the north of us, this time.  Sorry, guys and gals, but Texas Tornado's have a mind of their own.

LeeB

Looks like rain is finally over here for a little while. Didn't get nearly as much as predicted. This is a good thing. Had plenty enough for a little while.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

wwsjr

The storms made it to our area this morning. One tornado possibly touched down north of me. Lot of straight line wind uprooting trees. 4-5 inches of rain. Radar shows one more line of storms, then maybe in the clear.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Woodcarver

Was there any rain in the areas with wild fire problems?
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

Bill Gaiche

Texas Ranger, do you fish Sam Rayburn? bg

DanG

Just got off the phone with my Daughter in Birmingham area.  They are ok but there is devastation all around them.  They hunkered down in the neighbor's basement during the storms.  So far, there are 40 confirmed dead in Alabama and 54 total for this storm system.  They have barely begun the searching in the B'ham area, so that death toll is bound to go up. :-\
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

fishpharmer

DanG, good hearing your family is ok.  There are several youtube videos of Tuscaloosa, AL tornado.  MS got hammered too.  3 dead just North of here and 4 South.  As you said the body count will rise as searches resume tomorrow. 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Texas Ranger

Yes on rain, more to come Friday.  Yes, used to fish Rayburn, Livingston just a few miles away.

Hearts and prayers out to Missouri, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, and where ever this mess goes next.

Town I went to high school in was hit by the tornado that hit St. Louis Lambert Airport.  Old classmate sent pictures of the damage, astonishing.  Yet no deaths.

Yall in Georgia keep your heads down, it looks like it is happening there, now.

ARKANSAWYER

Well we got about 15 to 16 inches of rain and they are calling for blue skies today.  The tornados hit AL and GA pretty hard yesterday.  We had 11 die here but most of them drowned in the rising water.  Lakes are at the top of the dams and rivers are running bank full.  It is all headed down hill from here.  More rain this weekend.
  Prayers to those who lost in the storms for it was a very bad for many. 
ARKANSAWYER

Woodwalker

I'm Southeast of El Dorado AK. a few miles. Worked storm trouble at home in Tx. day before yesterday, then moved a bunch of crews over here. It's not too bad here but from what I'm told there is a lot of damage done up around Hot Springs. 
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

Thank You Sponsors!