iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Adjustable carb 3120

Started by slabmaster, April 25, 2011, 06:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slabmaster

What was the last year for the adjustable carb high speed on a 3120 husky saw?

downunder Trav

You mean you can't tune them!!! another reason I don't want to buy one.
I am a weekend warrior with a chainsaw, But the collection is starting to grow, Dedicated slabber here I come!!!!!

acco1840

a mate brought a new one in 2004 and it isnt adjustable. I beat it in a side by side race with a stuffed Stihl 064.

slabmaster

I think 2000 was the first year for the non-adjustable carb but not sure. As far as the 064 goes, it doesn't even come close to the huskys power when milling.. I know because i have many 064s and many huskys. I actually snapped a modded 064 crank in half once. They just aren't as strong as a husky no matter which way you cut your timber.

HolmenTree

The 3120 always had a non adjustable H speed carb even when it first came out in 1988. The carb was a Walbro WG2 with a fixed main jet. A leaner jet could be installed but you would get no increase in power or rpm because the saws ignition has a rev limit built in.

The Walbro WG series carbs did come with L and H speed screws but first you would have to replace the rev limit SEM AM37 ignition module. This has been done many times on the 3120 modified by competiton saw builders.

Hey Cut4fun post a picture of that super hot Hensel 3120 for the boys to see. 8)

Willard.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

downunder Trav

Quote from: slabmaster on April 26, 2011, 05:30:52 PM
I think 2000 was the first year for the non-adjustable carb but not sure. As far as the 064 goes, it doesn't even come close to the huskys power when milling.. I know because i have many 064s and many huskys. I actually snapped a modded 064 crank in half once. They just aren't as strong as a husky no matter which way you cut your timber.

well you are hardly comparing apples with apples there!!!

The 064 is an 85cc saw the 3120 is over 120cc.

compare the 3120 to an 880, or an 85 cc husky to an 064 and then post your findings.

In small timber it is possible that the 064 did beat or come close to the 3120 as it is a higher revving engine, but when it comes to running a big bar the bigger saw will win because it has more horsepower and torque to keep it pulling.
I am a weekend warrior with a chainsaw, But the collection is starting to grow, Dedicated slabber here I come!!!!!

Cut4fun

Non adjustable carb on this saw.

Guys out there charge $25 to put H side in the WG's if you really have to have it plus shipping both ways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TSwxnmEy9g

Cut4fun

WG2 on this 166 with H side. New rebuild test after hanging ring  :o.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTplf5etMes

Thank You Sponsors!