iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Crawfish!!

Started by gator gar, April 22, 2011, 07:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gator gar

Boiled a sack this afternoon and they sure was good!!!

WDH

DanG, thats not fair  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

WH_Conley

My BIL just got back from New Orleans and we had a crawfish boil last weekend. First time I had ever had them. They were very good, but, I think you work yourself to death getting full.
Bill

fishpharmer

I sure love to pinch them tails!! 8) 8)

I say we have a Southern meeting at Gator gars! :)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

We will be attending a big crawfish boil next Saturday afternoon.   This will be the Host's 10th annual boil.  I'm ready.  food6
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Burlkraft

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm    digin1 digin1
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Buck

I reserved three sacks for tomorrow afternoon....just take my word for it cause I wont take time for pictures. First this year....man I cant wait!
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

timerover51

Did you buy them at a store, or catch all of them yourself?

Buck

2.50 per lb. bought locally from dealer
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

timerover51

I assume that they are being farm raised in Louisiana then.  Need to try some soon, as they look good.

gator gar

Quote from: timerover51 on April 22, 2011, 10:17:06 PM
Did you buy them at a store, or catch all of them yourself?

I bought mine at HEB in Livingston Texas. They were 1.49 a pound. Someone on another forum said that HEB has their own crawfish farms and cuts out the middle man. I went in there not too long after they opened and a guy said they had already sold 22 sacks. So, they were moving out of there pretty quick.

Buck

Yeah, I found some cheaper but at 4bucks a gallon on gas I just took my lick here in DeRidder. They ought to really go down after this weekend. always do, I just couldnt wait anymore. I didnt know HEB was selling them. Market Basket has them this year too.

Texas Ranger

Gator, we screwed up and bought two sacks in Onalaska, BIG difference in price.  But, DanG, they were good.

For the northern folks, a sack here is 30 pounds, we had some as long as your hand, and some the size of  your little finger, what we didn't finish off, will go into some cajun stuff, even better.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Chris Burchfield

Dem pictures were so good I went to da kitchen cabinet pulled a bottle of Zatarain's Shrimp & Crab Boil, unscrewed the top with a big inhale looking at dem pictures and started to drool.  Ya'll should be ashamed deir $3.85 a pound up here.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Texas Ranger

Chris, there is some thing to be said about the coastal states, most of it is food.

gator gar

Quote from: Texas Ranger on April 23, 2011, 09:04:12 AM
Gator, we screwed up and bought two sacks in Onalaska, BIG difference in price. 

Must have went to Harolds Seafood.

Jeff

I've never had em, but I bet I'd like em. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Texas Ranger

Texas Ranger

Jeff I garandamtee that you would like them, until you saw the process of making them edible.  Something called purging.  8)

treefarmer87

i have never had them either :( i want to try them though
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

timerover51

Quote from: Texas Ranger on April 23, 2011, 11:13:27 AM
Chris, there is some thing to be said about the coastal states, most of it is food.

Sort of like when we lived in Alaska and would drive down to Homer on Kachemak Bay, and get shrimp and king crab right off of the boats.  Not a good thing to develop a addiction to fresh king crab when you are not in Alaska any more.

There is a place up here that serves crawfish.  Looks like I am going to have to stop by there and get some.

And Buck, you must live in a pretty good town.  My last name is Ridder, and the DeRidders are distant relatives. 

Dale

Jeff

timerover51, so you mind if I ask what you do? I'm kinda guessing Merchant Marines?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

timerover51

Deleted, gives too much personal information.

LeeB

Do you do Dos Equis commercials?  :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

ely

that was funny lee. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!