iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The tragedy of a failed driving test....

Started by doctorb, April 22, 2011, 01:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doctorb

Yes, my seventeen year old daughter went to take her driving test today and flunked.  Something about not rechecking her mirror when changing lanes .  Anybody else have to deal with this overwhelming life set-back?  You would think the world was about to end!  We try again in a week, with a little "course experience" under our belts.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Magicman

I had a Grandson that experienced that trauma.  I don't know what part he flunked, but he did.  He passed the next time.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

submarinesailor

Been there done that twice, once with each of the twin daughters.  She will recover as soon as she passes the test, as mine did.  Of course their "overwhelming life set-back" was over 14 years ago - telling my age here.

Bruce

Raphael

I passed first time I took the test but a 'friend' misplaced my license when he was using to get into bars and the local DMV lost my records when switching to the statewide computer network.

So I have the dubious distinction of failing my second test after passing my first and having to take it a third time.  ::)
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

beenthere

Ahh Yes. Both daughters failed with "little" things, but when doing the "course" practice to fine tune for the next try we learned that there were many things that the drivers training (or they) had missed. Best thing that ever happened to have failed them first time.
They were tense moments for both of us while re-running the course. I asked one of the daughters how they reacted when their HS driver training instructor told them they did something wrong. The answer from both was "they never told us we were doing anything wrong" !!!  So therein lies a real problem IMO.

Don't envy you on the re-runs DrB

Both boys passed first time. Just that the subsequent days of them driving brought out a few important things that didn't get tested or taught.

I've a feeling getting flunked on "little" things may be just something specific to list, but really it had to do with the total confidence the student driver showed the officer during the test. (sure don't envy those officers  ;D )

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Bill Gaiche

Just tell her that its no different in checking the mirror when changing lanes as checking the lipstick to see if its on correctly, there both important. Good luck to her and you next week, bg

Norm

In Iowa if you pass the high school drivers ed class you are not required to take the driving test only the written test.

Both of my sons drove with me and Patty for a year and then they got a school license that meant they could only drive to school and school functions with no passengers. Joel the oldest put his car in the ditch goofing off before going to a football game. Patty found out, drove over, pulled him off the field during the game, took him home and he rode the bus for a month.

You should have seen the look on the coaches and players!  :D

Bill Gaiche

Norm, that woman has spunk. I bet there was something learned and something that will never be forgotten. bg

Roxie

I was 13 months younger than my sister, and my parents had vast experience with her failing twice, and all our neighbors her age had to take the test at least twice.  Enter me into the mix a year later, and on my second day behind the wheel, my mother was yelling at me and I told her to knock it off.  She said, "you think you're so smart, let's just go take the test and you'll find out you don't know as much as you think you know." 

So, I drove in, took the test, and passed.  You should have seen her face when I walked over and showed her the stamp on my permit.  She lectured me all the way home that just passing the test did not mean that I was going to be driving anywhere until she and dad were satisfied.  ::)

As Beenthere mentioned, in the total confidence factor, I didn't have time to get nervous or fret about the results, I was there and I was doing it.  I had spent over a year studying the driver's book and being in the back seat while my parents yelled at my sister.   :D

My dad did have a few requirements of his own before we could go solo, we had to change one of the tires without any assistance and we had to be able to hold the car steady as it was stopped on a steep hill and proceed forward without drifting back without using the clutch and accelerator.  Our right foot had to come off that brake to the gas pedal simultaneous to our left foot depressing the clutch. That really took some practice! 
Say when

LeeB

We didn't let Paul take his driving test till he was nearly 18. Pretty much the same with his three older sisters. Quite frankly, they just weren't mature enough. He failed the driving test first go round. He waited till turning 18 before taking it again. I gave him a truck for graduation. It lasted less than 6 months before it was totaled. Not all kids need to be driving at 16.I fell most of them don't. I certainly didn't. I could operate the vehicle just fine, but surely lacked maturity to do so safely. I don't really know many kids that can.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Ianab

My Mother tells the story about her driving test, would have been almost 60 years ago. The local tester actually came out to the farm to take the test.

Mum was 15 at the time, jumped in the farm truck with the officer, and backed 50yards down the driveway and though a narrow concrete gateway. Officer looked at her and says, "If you can do that in in one go, you've passed."  :D He made her drive a few minutes up the road, do a 3 point turn and come home - passed. Things were a lot simpler in those days  :D

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

timerover51

Rather than using high school class time for Driver's Ed, we put both my son and daughter through an approved private driver's ed program here in northeastern Illinois.  That was during the summer.  Then before they went for their license, they had to drive with their learner's permit through one Chicago area winter.  Only after that did I allow them to take the test.  Both passed is the first time.

WildDog

Doc my oldest son went into his drivers test all cocky 18mths ago, I said, "Over emphasis your use of mirrors so the tester can see. "yeah dad" ....Failed for not checking his mirror. These days the girl he's dating is the Driver tester from the next town,

When I went for my Prison truck licence, I was stationed in an outback town, the tester and I came out to do the practical part and there was 3 Heavy Vehicle inspection cars parked around my truck, the 3 drivers were standing around laughing, one said, "Get out of that one Rob" The tester said, "Looks like we're starting before you even get out of the car park" :(   Nothing like some added presure.
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

moosehunter

I took a co-worker for his motorcycle test some years ago. The test lady rode with me in the car while she watched him drive his bike. We would stop every once in a while so she could give him directions. After one of the stops I told the test lady that I had taken my test on this same course about 18 years ago. She say's to me " I'll bet I gave you your test". "No" says me, "she was much younger than you"  :-[ My co- worker failed his test. I thought he was doing pretty good. I'm not sure why she failed him.

That size eleven is hard to swallow sometimes.

mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Don_Papenburg

Moose , that is funny.

I passed written and driving first time .  I got a B lisense so I could drive the grain truck.
Years later I needed a C lisence to drive the tandem that my sandblaste was mounted on.I took  the written test  aced that  . The tester was sorta disapointed , He said everyone misses the one about using flares for the disabled gas truck. I took the gas mans truck in for my driving test . He would not do the test because the passenger seat was a cardboard box of oil cans. The guy had to have a fancy seat.  The gas man was upset , He said that we could use one of the other trucks the next week.  We got there and the tester said toot the horn .  Horn did not toot . Tester said we can't take a test in an unsafe truck .  We fixed the horn in the lot , corroded connection. Went back in and the tester said that he was off in an hour and we could not take the test.  I was POed my gas man was POed .  I drove my tandem for 15 years without the C class lisence
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

paul case

here in oklahoma aparently you cant get your permit at 15.5 years old unless you take drivers ed. my son scott couldnt since drivers ed was only offered after school and he participates in every sport. we got him in a parent taught d e class where i schooled him and he went to the library to take the written exam just so we could pass drivers ed. then the written driving exam to get the permit. then  we have to have wait 6 month after getting the permit to get the liscense, take the driving test. we went about 8 am and then there was this complication and waiting in line and no breakfast and this and that. the examiner came in and told me that scott scored an 85% but wasnt passed at this time. aparently he did what old men do(take no offence here). he stopped at a green light. he rounded off every corner. he rolled through a stop sign or 2.

85% is not a failing grade in school but i guess it is on the driving test.
i got told how i dont know anything and it was all my fault and i am the worst dad ever?

2 days later we went for breakfast and then to the driver examiner, no line 15 minutes we left with a liscensed driver. havent seen him since. well a couple of times. he is buying his own gas anyway.
i hope the second time is a charm for you doc bob, it was for us.  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

red oaks lumber

my daughter failed the driving test 3 times, talk about pure torture living with her. when we went for the fourth try the instructor came over with the paperwork and told my daughter you'll pass today if you don't kill us on the test. awhile later they came back and sure enough she finally passed.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

sawguy21

I failed the first time around but expected it. The examiner had a rep among the kids as a miserable SOB. He failed all the beginners the first try. Dad told me afterward it was my bad luck to follow a girl who scared him stiff.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

pigman

When I took the drivers test way back last century, the tester took off points because he said that I hit the car in  front when I was pulling out of the parking place. He asked me to parallel park into a spot between two imaginary cars. I told him that I am sure that I missed the VW Beetle by at least three feet. He corrected me and said that it was a Cadillac and I had hit the rear bumper. ::)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Mooseherder

So, what kind of vehicle does she have picked out for you to buy? :D

doctorb

Mooseherder

Interesting that you should mention buying her a car.  My older daughter used this car - a RAV-4 -and used to refer to it as her own.  I would always correct her and have her say that it is "our" car or the "family" car.  I did not grow up needing things, but my dad always made us earn what we got.  My girls have been raised the same way.  Her younger sister is the one that failed today.  She is unusual in that she really likes cars.  She knows all the makes and styles and always comments on a new this and that.  She used to like Mini Cooper, now she loves some cute little Audi.  I told her fat chance! 
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Mooseherder

Our daughters learned to drive on a Golf cart at young ages.  The Cart was pretty well mangled at the end but I  believe it helped them with some driving skills.  Daughter number 1 got to drive my wife's 5.0 Mustang with a 5 speed for a few years.  She was responsible and never received a ticket.
At least none that I know of.  I bought her first used car.  It was a 4 cylinder nissan.  She hated that thing. :D.  Later on, Daughter number 2 commandeered my wife's Mazda Tribute.  She still has it and it is closing in on 200,000 miles.  That vehicle is still in my name though.  I mentioned to my wife yesterday it should probably come off soon.  She's got another couple years of school though.  I'm hoping it lasts.

metalspinner

Our high school has a very limited number of student parking spots. Only "A" students are issued a parking spot in the lot.  So the hurry to get licences around here is not that great.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Brucer

My daughter passed first try.

I taught her to drive and we went out to practice at least once a day, no matter what the weather. At first we stuck to "safe" routes where she didn't have to worry too much about other traffic. Once she had the mechanics down we went everywhere -- even places she wasn't comfortable with.

After 2 months I signed her up for a couple of professional lessons -- driving instructors are usually much more up to date on the current regulations. Then it was another month of practice with me, and a couple more refreshers with the pro. One thing the driving school did was run the student through the simulated driver's test.

In a way it helped that most of her schoolmates turned 16 before she did. That way she learned a lot of things not to do. She also got to commiserate with several friends who failed the test.

One of her closest friend could not get the hang of parallel parking. The friend had it figured though -- failing to parallel park was only worth 2 demerit points and you were allowed up to 9 points. So she gave up parallel parking and worked really hard on everything else. Come the test and the friend did a miserable job of parallel parking -- 2 demerits. They went around the block and the instructor told her to parallel park again. "I already blew it", she said. "So try again", said the instructor. Two more demerit points. "I didn't know they could do that!" wailed the friend when she came by looking for sympathy.

Some of my friends didn't want their kids learning to drive at age 16. I took the view that I would rather have my daughter learn to drive ASAP so she would have plenty of time to gain driving experience while she was still at home. Just because she had a license didn't mean I was going to give free use of the car.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

customsawyer

I like to tell my boys that mistakes and failures are lessons we haven't learned yet. There is no shame in failing something or making a mistake. The shame comes in not trying. sail_smiley
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

thecfarm

How trivial a failed drivers test will look like in 20 years.  ;D  Most people will pass even if it takes,2 or 3 times.
Brucer,do you think the instructor knew she could not parallel park?  ;) I failed my the first time. Got in the wrong lane to make a right hand turn. In my neck of the woods we was still driving on dirt,what is this black stuff and paint and cars 3 wide?   :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

timerover51

Quote from: Don_Papenburg on April 22, 2011, 08:26:36 PM

Moose , that is funny.

I passed written and driving first time .  I got a B lisense so I could drive the grain truck.
Years later I needed a C lisence to drive the tandem that my sandblaste was mounted on.I took  the written test  aced that  . The tester was sorta disapointed , He said everyone misses the one about using flares for the disabled gas truck. I took the gas mans truck in for my driving test . He would not do the test because the passenger seat was a cardboard box of oil cans. The guy had to have a fancy seat.  The gas man was upset , He said that we could use one of the other trucks the next week.  We got there and the tester said toot the horn .  Horn did not toot . Tester said we can't take a test in an unsafe truck .  We fixed the horn in the lot , corroded connection. Went back in and the tester said that he was off in an hour and we could not take the test.  I was POed my gas man was POed .  I drove my tandem for 15 years without the C class lisence

As soon as I read your post, I thought, that sure sounds like Illinois.  Then I looked at where you lived, and sure enough, Illinois.

Brucer

Quote from: thecfarm on April 24, 2011, 07:26:09 AM
... Brucer,do you think the instructor knew she could not parallel park? ...

Had to have known. Maybe not the first time but it would have been obvious after the second try. He made her try 5 times, then terminated the test.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

mometal77

I flunked about six times and when i got the "man" i told him what was up.  He looked at me said we have been having that issue with other men not passing as well.  Now here I have a CDL class A told by one company I was the safest driver they have had in a long time.
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

Kansas

Here in Kansas a standard license doesn't require a driving test if you have taken Drivers ed. I believe I had a restricted farm permit at the age of 15.

When I worked for the farmers Coop, most of us just had regular licenses, even though we delivered feed, anhydrous, fertilizer. Then the CDL rules came along. So we all went and got chauffers licenses, or something like that. Then all we had to do was take the written tests for the CDL's when it was time.  I screwed up; I didn't realize I could have been grandfathered in with a class C license without driving. Got a class B instead. We never had to drive for the CDL's.

When I was 16 and got my regular license I had the motorcycle permit added to it. At that point you didn't have to drive. About a year later they changed that. Now you have to drive a motorcycle for them. I was grandfathered in, and have kept it all these years, even though I haven't rode for a long time.

sawguy21

Interesting that you were grandfathered on m/c. I was originally licensed to operate one on my regular permit, the rules were changed five or six years later. If I had been riding at the time I could have kept the endorsement, when I got a bike years later I had to jump through the hoops.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

isawlogs

I never went for my drivers licence till I was 18. We learned to drive on the old grey ferguson at home, then as soon as the legs grew the operator was promoted to bigger machinery. Soon it was the pick-up to get from one field to another or to get tools. Never gave the permit a thought, till my insurance compagnie asked about my driver's licence, sheesh I had none to give them. I went and got my class 1 ( CDL) that week, actualy I went on my birthday.
  They did not take it too happily that I had a car for the past two years insured with them and not having a licence to drive it  ::) Different times I guess.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Taylortractornut

I started drivin an old AC tractor  dad had when I wasor so and  then about 11 dad had me  plying with  a new JD backhoe he kept with his work crew.     When I was 12 he was  working on the  25 bypass he  had a worker that Bhad an 84 S10 for 1200.    Dad picked it up for a spare car.    Being a 4 speed  dad roade with me a few trips and let me go on the backroads and around the place.    When it broke I had to help fix it.    He let me work off the tab and  when I went to take my driving exam  I got the written down.        What got me was the  the old HWP  officer was anold dried up SOB.     I took the test in my mothers Plymouth reliant K car.     We get to a 4 way stop and the  officer says turn right here.    I stop and  signal for a right turn.   He  said I didnt tell you which way to turn and failed me there.      When  I got back he told mother that  I asked him how to drive.      THat  didnt go over well.   

THe next time  I went it rained no test,   the next time   He said it looked rainy and  hadnt rained for a week.   THen the 3rd time we were  on the test and I was at the same 4 way stop.   It was my turn and I saw a  Mexican tree planter crew in a  crew cab Ford with a camper on back  roaring up to the stop.   I was about to go and  the HWP officer was telling me to  go in a whiny way.     A bout that time the   Tree planters blew through the  stop sign about 45 mph.

I got my liscence after that.     After that I was running a 2 ton dump truck for my brother and dad and later.      Then dad got into the roll off truck business and we got our spare truck a 1972  DM 600 series Mack  steel nose concrete truck.    THe man that brought it to the house told me to get in and start driving. It was an old  2 stick six speed.   I got to driving it back to my neighbors house and turning around   and comming back with me and old white German Sheperd.     Dad took it to the shop and had the old truck stretched  several feet to put a 22 foot roll off bed on it.   

I drove it to the neighbors and have to back it all the way home about a 1/4 mile.   Then after that before they would come home Id load the old dog up in the   passenger side and  drive to the main road and back up the 1/4 mile to the neighbors shifting the truck  throu the 5  oter gears.           I was 18 then and  never went after my CDL because dad sold the business and I  went to school to be a machinist.   After I didnt like working in a factory I went back to cunstruction as an operator and and came back to the landfill and were wer bought out.    THe new job i had to  have CDL and  went and took my CDL written exam.  The next week I showed up with  my Co driver and a friend boom truck.    THe lady told me that  the driving  instructor wouldnt pass anyone that came back a week   after my written.      I told her I would chance it.   We did the walk around and the  I was commended on my knowledge of the truck.
hat.
THen we had to back way down a line of  of cones he said i did better than most at that.   Later I  we were in the middle of the 45 minute ride and he told me he was gonna ask a question that wouldnt affect my test.     He said in a serious voice  How long you been driving a truck without CDL's son.   I looked over and said long time.   He then said no sense in wasting anymore  fuel  you got your CDL's.
My overload permit starts after sunset

Weekend_Sawyer

I failed my drivers test at 16 by not stopping at the stopsign at the end of the course.
2 years later I failed my motorcycle test the same way. Sometimes it takes a brick to get information into my head!

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

doctorb

I know that you've been waiting impatiently for this news, but my daughter passed her driving test today.  So her joy now is my worry.  Still, not a bad benchmark for post #1000!  Who'd a thunk I'd be hangin' around here this long!

Bandmill Bandit

I wonder how many people passed the test to drive a horse and buggy/wagon/cutter/buckboard etc? Didnt have time to finish this earlier.

Since we live in the "Cold North Land" we tend to have about "9 months winter time and 3 months poor sledding" as my father in law puts it.

I was raised on the farm and all 3 of my kids at least got their start there .the youngest was 2 when we moved off the farm. All my kids were driving something by the time they were 4 and my son started on the bob cat on my lap at 5. Respect was taught and learned pretty early as they were around and on large equipment from very young ages.

when they hit about 12 to 14 and could reach the controls of my service truck I started teaching ice driving on the lake. First it was just to learn how a vehicle responds on ice and how different temperatures affect the ice you are driving on. Once they could keep it in a straight line in a slide/drift or sliding backwards Once they had that down I started with the pylons and different types of courses so that the could learn to control a sliding vehicle in tighter condition's. at first my wife thought I was nuts but then she finally agreed to come out and watch for a few sessions on fall. When she saw what was happening I and what I was teaching I never heard about it again. I did rear wheel front wheel and 4 wheel drive training on ice with them

My 2 girls passed on their first try and son on second. His test officer was a friend of mine and Son was a good driver but he did a double stop at a blind  corner (huge unkept hedge on the right side with the stop sign sticking out of the top of it) coming into a play ground zone to be sure he was safe and that was an instant fail for some reason. I kind reamed my friend out and took the town by law officer over there and made a stink in the town office about it . 2 days later the hedge was gone. Son drove a week later basically around the block and through the only lights in town and the officer gave him his license and didn't charge him for the second test either.

The driving skills  learned on ice have served them very well and every fall they all 3 head out on the lake for a hour or so of brush up so they are prepared for the ice when it hits. Son has done the same routine with his wife and a lot of their friends (one of whom is a local police officer now) to the point that the local police are talking about a program to actually teach Winter driving skills on ice in late october and november every year. In this country I think it should be a mandatory 3 hour on ice training and 3 hour class room training minimum that should be completed in side the most recent graduated license program training requirements.

Also think training should start a lot younger in off road courses set up for the purpose of training in all sizes of vehicles. Nothing is better then hand on experience behind the wheel of 80,000lbs on 5/6 axles at slow speeds  to just get a small feel of what it means to be in front of or behind one out on that high way.

IMHO ;D     

Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Mooseherder

Congratulations!
Now you get to buy her, her dream car. ;D

Gary_C

1000 posts already? My but you are a talkative fellow.  :D :D

Congratulations to your daughter on her milestone. It's probably good that she had to learn her drivers license does not come easily.

I went thru the same thing a couple of years ago with one of my grandaughters. I got to take her to practice and to her first (of three) drivers test. A rather worrysome experience but didn't want to worry you with the details. But she is doing fine now.  8)

Just preach defensive driving. There are plenty of nuts on the highways and don't trust any of them.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

pigman

Doctorb, congratulations on your daughter giving you something else to worry about.  ;D                                                                                                 
QuoteJust preach defensive driving. There are plenty of nuts on the highways and don't trust any of them.
Gary, there you go talking about me again. ;)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

DanG

Quote from: doctorb on June 02, 2011, 03:49:37 PM
Who'd a thunk I'd be hangin' around here this long!

Looks like you're stuck here for the duration, Doc.  When ya gonna buy a sawmill? ;D :D

Congrats to the Daughter. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

doctorb

When I don't need all my fingers, hands, or limbs. :D

Gary_C

Quote from: pigman on June 02, 2011, 07:53:00 PM
Gary, there you go talking about me again. ;)

Sorry pigman but I didn't think you'd notice.  :D :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

isawlogs

Congrats to the daughter Doc, my daughter has had her licence now for 11 years or so , was kinda ruff the first few years . She was going through chemo and wanted a car  :-\  how do ya saye no, anyways , I got her a car and made a course around the lot and told her when she could stop in the hill and take off with out stalling or spinning I would sign the license. She did , I did, then she took drivers ed and got real license. She went through a few hickups and bent a few fenders , but now has been dent free for well over eight years. Tell da truth she did a whole lot better then me .  ::) :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Coon

But ya gotta remember Marcel, that you've graduated up to fender benders with tractors.   ;)  You're in a completely different ball game. ;D  Everyone tangles with something sooner or later once you've driven long enough. Ya just gotta chalk it up as experience.  ;D 
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Thank You Sponsors!