iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fresh from the garden

Started by Norm, April 17, 2011, 11:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

Asparagus and spring onions.

With some fresh eggs from the hens

Finished off with home made muffin bread.

sawguy21

That is downright mean. :D Not much happening in the garden here, too cold. Sure does look good.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

northwoods1

That is my favorite and exactly what I do with most of my asparagus :) gonna be a while before the ground warms up enough for some to show here. 3" of snow last night and the wind is blowing like mad only about 25° right now.

Magicman

That is one way to Spring up breakfast.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Patty

And let me tell you, it was GOOD!!  Or delish...as Raider would say. 
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Kansas

Went over to work today and fired up the heat treatment chamber. The garden is right behind there. Danged if the asparagus wasn't up. It didn't make it out of the garden. I just stood there and ate it.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

Do daffodil greens make good omlets?   :D :D

BTW, I like your breakfast and nothing against the contents. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sandhills

Now you have me worried I missed our asparagus, we have a few wild patches around the farm, never had any luck growing it, but it's been too cold over here for it yet (I hope).  Sure looks good though, I love asparagus.

Norm

Our wild patches are not up yet either. I'll bet the ones in the garden saw the weather forecast and beat a hasty retreat underground.  :D

Magicman

My Mom had a plant just outside of her back door and none of it ever got cooked.  I think she knew which ones she was gonna eat which day.   ;)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Burlkraft

I got 7" of snow on top of my perennial root crops.......

We're quite a way from fresh asparagus yet  :-\
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Raider Bill

I'm eating fresh tomatoes for lunch I picked this morning!!!
Label said beefsteak when I bought the plants but this plant is cherry or the smallest beef steak ever.

DELISH! :D :D :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

WDH

Bill,

I would say that it is not fair that you already have fresh tomatoes, but a lot of things in life are not fair  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dodgy Loner

A few pics of my little garden:

Got one mound of squash, one zucchini, one acorn squash and one North GA candy roaster (a type of winter squash)

My potatoes: Yukon gold, red pontiac, and some blue variety

I love green beans! The foreground has Blue Lake bushbeans (and a tomato), the background shows the pole for my pole beans

I love peppers, too! Red bells, yellow bells, cubanelles, sweet bananas, and cayennes. The sweet corn is coming up in the back

And here's a few grapevines the previous homeowner planted

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Magicman

You have really been busy.  Looking good.  smiley_thumbsup

sandhills

You folks are really making me jealous, 41* now and I've heard soil temp is a few below that after the last couple days of cold rain.  :(

treefarmer87

i bet that was a good breakfast :)
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Thank You Sponsors!