iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I'm Bored. Wanna play Checkers?

Started by Jeff, April 15, 2011, 07:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I tried doing some things outside and over did yesterday. So, its back to vegetating for a few days. Who thinks they can beat me? ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

tyb525

I beat ya a few times ;)

There are a few weird glitches with this. On the very last game I played, I somehow ended up with a "dead" checker. It was in the upper right corner, and I couldn't select it. However, the opponent moved around it as if it was on of it's own. When I moved one of my checkers into it's place, it scooted it over into an adjacent square ??? I won that game with that "dead" checker still there. Odd.

It randomly popped onto the board after one of my pieces was jumped elsewhere on the board.

The "dead" piece is the only single red checker.

LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

ljmathias

like was said in a previous thread, some people have too much time on their hands... :)

Lj
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

tyb525

LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Jeff

Ty, javascript can be flaky depending on what browser your using.

Yes, I have to much time on my hands. I'll trade with any one of ya right now for just a day.

Quote from: ljmathias on April 15, 2011, 09:08:06 PM
like was said in a previous thread, some people have too much time on their hands... :)

Lj

So what do people really mean to say when they say things like that?

pasbuild

If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Jeff

Jeff

isawlogs

That was easy,  :D   I one won wun win  :D :) 

I don't get the coment that some put on that some have too much time on there hands .. Aint the first time I have read this and it raises the hair on my back . As if every body has there time all schedualed out and have nothing else to do for intertaiment ...  Get a life . !!! ::)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

beenthere

Quote from: Jeff on April 15, 2011, 09:52:17 PM
........So what do people really mean to say when they say things like that?

I've been told that before...but I just take it as sayin "I'm a bit jealous that you have that time to be creative, and I don't, or ain't ".   :) :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

pasbuild

If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Texas Ranger

It's rigged, my checkers only move diagonally, never straight.  Yankee diversion from the real battle. 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

doctorb

I'd rather arm wrestle, and I am right handed!
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

bama20a

Hey Jeff: I know what you mean about over doing it with the shoulder.With mine I sure had to much time on my hands,(gained several pounds :D).Dr said Thursday I'll still be down for at least a month,Got to go,the Fudge is ready.
It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

trapper

stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Gary_C

Sorry Jeff but my taxes are done and it's time to get back to work. How long before you can start the rehab work?

Besides I am leery of playing games online with someone that knows how to program and reprogram these games.  :D :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Chuck White

I never was any good at checkers anyway!  :-\
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Brucer

It's raining and there's still 2' of snow on the mill.

It's been years since I played and I can't remember half the rules. I sometimes had to wait until "you" made a complicated move to remind me about a rule I'd forgotten. But I still managed to beat you and ended with 8 checkers on the board.

I think I'll quit while I'm ahead.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Left Coast Chris

This is addicting.   If you have some patients its not too hard to win....maybe Jeff is on seditives?  :) ;D
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Jeff

Quotemaybe Jeff is on seditives

worse  :-\

red oaks lumber

you got some of that medical marijaina your not sharing with us ?
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Jeff

Chuck White

Whow!

I surprised myself I beat 12 - 8  8)

I'll stop while I'm even!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Dodgy Loner

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Warbird

So how many jackets/mugs have you sold now, Jeff? 

Thank You Sponsors!