iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Buildings

Started by Kansas, April 15, 2011, 05:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kansas

Question. A Menards has moved into this area, just opened. They are having a big sale to celebrate their grand opening. I priced a wood/steel combo from them, along with one from Home Depot and also an all metal building from someone else. Menards is a fair amount cheaper. This is the first store of theirs in this area and I don't know anything about them. Do they have decent quality and reputation?

red oaks lumber

we have a menards 20 miles away. their deal when bidding a building package they always come up short thus the bid is lower. not comparing apples to apples. the quility of wood framing materials pick thru yourself. other than that they are pretty hard to find a cheaper overall place.
i end up at menards atleast once a week,alot better store than h.d.or lowes ect. they carry everything.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

gunman63

the quaulity of the lumber should be roughly the same, but just need to  get a materials list, sometimes  the rafters are 8' on center not 4' , also the  steel quality and thickness can vary on the  buildings.

Sprucegum

I have never seen a Menard's but I know with Home Depot if you have to order any parts in you never know when you will get them. They can't even give you a ball park time frame  ::)

jim king

I have worked on and off with Menards for about 25 years and started the thin board Aspen  program for them of which each peice was S4S sanded and packaged  labeled and packaged in shrink wrap.

I have found them tough but could not ask for a better customer.  They pay like a clock. I also bought my machine shed in Wisconsin from them and my wife and I put it up.  Much better price than other places.  Quality of everything was excellent from the truses to the sheet rock and delivered when said..

I am now considering producing turning blanks for them for their new exotic wood dept for 280 some stores.  Altho they have grown a lot you can still find many of the original employees in the main office.

Norm

I've seen a couple of their buildings around here. As long as you make sure to compare the thickness of metal and the paint used on it they are not a bad deal. If I was going to put up a commercial building and know it will get hard use I'd go with them. For a building on my farm that I'd have for many years I'd consider the specialty builders.

trapper

I have found their return policy fair.  Got my carport for storing wood from them and not disapointed.  They cary more hydronic heating parts than hd and lowes.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

jim king

Menards does own thier own truss and steel fabrication plants so I assume you can order anything you want.

Thank You Sponsors!