iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another unique use of wood.

Started by Texas Ranger, April 15, 2011, 09:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Warbird

Wow, that's neat.  And proof that some folks have waaaaay too much time on their hands!

isawlogs

That was pleasing for the ears  :)  I really like that phone  8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Paul_H

All filmed in what was once a clearcut! :)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

Quote from: Warbird on April 15, 2011, 10:55:56 AM
Wow, that's neat.  And proof that some folks have waaaaay too much time on their hands!
Exactly what I was gonna say, how long do you think it took them to figure the dynamics of that one out?  That is something though.

ellmoe

Wouldn't you hate to be finishing that set-up and then hear thunder! Soggy tone wood, not so cool. ;D
Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Chuck White

That was very nice.

It's amazing what the human mind can dream up.

It was definitely worth a listen!   8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

I was just thinking about the deer coming to see what the noise was and one showed up.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

wesdor

That is without a doubt the most unique performance of Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring I have ever heard.

I wonder if they put a computer sound track to the video.  It sounded way too focused for recording something in a forest. 

That was really neat!  Thanks

woodmills1

it did sound like I could hear the variation of tone from the wood, I wood be DanG dissappointed if it was generated sound
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

metalspinner

I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Woodchuck53

Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

cutterboy

Texas Ranger, thanks so much for posting this. I was smiling and laughing all the way through.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Thank You Sponsors!