The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: One good product!  (Read 922 times)

Offline mad murdock

• Senior Member x2
  • The woods is the best "office"!
One good product!
« on: April 12, 2011, 07:22:36 pm »
Well, I finally got around to odering up some Rust Reaper, and had a chance to give it the acid test in our work environment.  First job was to free up an Anti-Ice Valve on a helicopter turbine engine. It worked very well.  The next test was to free up a broken Rod End bearings that are part of the load cell setup of our dry fertilizer bin trucks.  A judicious amount of heat, and properly applied rust reaper, and all I can say is WOW!  I have tried many different products over the years for loosening stuck parts, and this stuff is the best I have used.  Coupled with the nifty applicator needle that the small bottles come with, which allows for precise placement of the amount of material a person wants, rather than 1/2 the bottle, this stuff is great!  Thanks Mike and Rust Reaper for a great product, and for supporting the Forestry Forum! 8) 8)
'64 Garrett 15A, JD AMT 626, Turbosawmill M6 Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Offline SwampDonkey

• Forester
  • Large Tooth
Re: One good product!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 07:49:41 pm »
Yeah, I keep some in my saw pouch for throttle cable. I work in rain about 3 days a week or wet from the night before and the cable can rust and stick, not often, but water and metal and you know the results. Although, not really exposed except it probably gets in around the trigger assembly. Anyway I used that needle applicator and got some into the cable casing and that did the trick, like new. Don't stick anymore. :)

Pre-commercial thinning pays off. :)

'If she wants to play lumberjack, she's going to have to learn to handle her end of the log.'
Dirty Harry