iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MS310 oil pump...

Started by mrcaptainbob, April 10, 2011, 05:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrcaptainbob

Well, it stopped pumping today. It was working fine up 'till now. I think I got some debris in there a couple weeks back. I picked out what was on the top, but I think some stuff sunk down. How do I get to the pump? From the outside? Or do I disassemble the whole saw? Where can I get a shop manual or a breakdown picture of this saw to help me along. I can take it apart and figure it out as I go along, but I prefer the better way. (actually, the BEST way would be to let a pro do it, but....that's not in my blood...)

mrcaptainbob

I believe I fixed it. Turns out the pump spring was not engaging the clutch cup notch. (Say that three times!) The end looked to be turned in a bit, so I removed the weights for better access and made it poke out more. Reassembled and ran a test. It does now fling the tell-tail trace of oil.

mrcaptainbob

YIKES!!! This thing pumps better now than when it was brand new!! I had the oiler turned to max and it never emptied the oil tank. Now...it's depleted before the gas tank! I'll dial it back a bit to make them more equal. Thanks, Cut4fun!!

Thank You Sponsors!