iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sad News

Started by Texas Ranger, December 22, 2003, 09:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

A young man from our church, Stuart Moore, was one of the soldiers killed in Iraq today.   I mention it only in that the war has now gotten very personal.  We have several young men over there, particularly in the 4th ID, all are professional soldiers and have put their lives on line for their belief in God and Country.

Pause a moment this Christmas and remember our boys and girls on the line.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

DanG

Don, my heart and prayers go out to your community and to the Moore familyl
Here's a little tribute from your part of the world that I found on another forum.

Welcome Home, Texas style:
http://members.accessus.net/~tmcdonld/lighthse/Texas.htm
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

pasbuild

Thanks for sharing that DanG  it brought a tier to my eye.
PROUD to be an American
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

etat

Friar Don, I am sorry to hear this.  I too will be glad when it's over and everybody comes home.  One of my favorite songs is Imagine by John Lennon.  I too am a dreamer and when I hear the song it makes me wish the world was a better place.  At Peace.
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

EZ

Every day we here bad news about over their, very sad. This morning my brother e-mail me and said his son got re-called and is headed over their. He has a wife and two young children. He's a fighter pilot, I told my wife, well something up over their.
God Bless all of our troops.
EZ

Bud Man

Sad Indeed !    :'(
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Norm

Yes Don I will. There's a light by the window in rememberence of all who give so much for our country.

God Bless America

Fla._Deadheader

Don't know what to say. Can't give my opinion, it won't fit in with the Spirit of the Holidays. God bless all the troops and hope this ends soon.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Tom

I think of them every day. :)

woodchip

My prayers will be with them all.

Neil_B

Don,
Pass on condolences from Canada. Most of us up here are really sorry that you guys have to take the brunt of all these problems in the world.  :'(
Still, try to have a happy holiday!

Neil
Timberwolf / TimberPro sawmill, Woodmizer edger, both with Kubota diesels. '92 Massey Ferguson 50H backhoe, '92 Ford F450 with 14' dump/ flatbed and of course an '88 GMC 3500 pickup.

chet

Our thoughts and prayers are with the Moore family. And all the rest of our troops that will be spending this holiday season away from friends and loved ones.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

MrMoo

Don,
Our prayers go out to the Moore family, your church and community.
May God keep our troops safe.
Mike

Mark M

Our thoughts and prayers go with this young man's family and all those touched by this war. After getting Bob's (my future son-in law) last letter from Irag I worry even more about our people over there.

Mark

Gus

God Bless All. 500 left here 2 days ago for parts unknown.
"How do I know what I think unless I have seen what I say?"

SawInIt CA

You just cant put a value on those young men and women that risk and make the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. God bless his family. :(

Mike_P.

Don:

Our sympathies and prayers go to the Moore family.  I've got limitless admiration for our military, who sacrifice so much to assure our freedom.  

My oldest son is with the 3rd ACR in western Iraq.  We don't dwell on it, but on the other hand, are always aware of the danger he, and all of our soldiers face.  We keep him and his comrades in our prayers.

They are, indeed, at "the tip of the spear" that protects all of us.  

Thanks,

Mike

sawman

Our thoughts and prayers are with them as well.
  May God let each and everyone feel His presence and strength and power in these trying times. May He also bless our troops and watch over them.

'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

Wes

Thank you stuart, May God be with you. :'(

RevCant

So sad. :'(  Our prayers for the Moore family and all our soldiers in harms way.  True peace only comes from the one whose birthday we will soon celebrate...
If cows could only tail....

Corley5

That is sad news :( :(  A young fella from the other side of town lost an arm last summer to an RPG attack over there.  Hopefully the job will will be over soon and they'll all be home
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Phorester

So sorry, Don.  A family in our town also lost their son last summer in Iraq.  I'm just glad that America feels so much more positive about our men and women in Iraq than Vietnam.  That's about all you can offer for the family after a life is lost in combat.

Ed_K

Sorry Don, our prayer's go out to the Family. And to all our troop's.
 I always thought it was great, that everyone in Witchita Falls, Tx. pulled over to the side of the highway when a Funeral Procession went by.
 Ed & Rita
Ed K

Dugsaws

Sorry to hear Don, Our prayers will be with the Moore family and all the troops that is trying to put an end to situation at hand, it is always sad to hear any news of that nature.

Doug
Doug

Patty

I am so proud to be an American. Throughout history we have stood up for what is right, willing to give the ultimate sacrifice, to fight against all that is wrong.
Those who have loved ones in the military know only too well about ultimate sacrifices, and I am so sorry for their losses, but hopefully some comfort can be found in knowing that their loved one sacrificed for all of us, and all that we believe in...they sacrificed for good over evil. I am forever grateful and proud.

May there be Peace on Earth one day...
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Thank You Sponsors!