iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmaster 3 side molding system

Started by rs1626, April 04, 2011, 08:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rs1626

Has any body used the 3 side molding system woodmaster sells for there machines?  trying to get some feedback as to how well it works or don't work  or if i would be better of with a logosol ph260

pineywoods

It's picky to get set up and the feed stock needs to be accurately sized. It does work quite well.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

crowder888

I've got the 3 sided system on my machine and once you get it set up it runs some nice material.  Like pineywoods said you really need to pay attention to the set up (as with any machine) to make sure you get the best material in the end.  After that, it will run all day long

jdtuttle

If your looking to do production work get the ph260. I have a woodmaster & ph 260. I use the woodmaster to skip plane & then install the saw blades to make uniform sized blanks. Then I run the blanks through the ph 260 for molding. If your only making a small amount of molding the woodmaster is great.
jim
Have a great day

rs1626

I  ended up buying a bridgewood cm-180  4 head  more $ than the woodmaster but less than any used ph-260 that i could find  I just picked it up  saturday we will see how it works out

woodhick

How have you been Rick?  Still have the LT40.  Are you getting into the trim business also or is machine for personal use?
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

rs1626

Hey Steve how are you doin  lt40 still going good moulder is for personal use now but who knows what it might bring glad to here from you

Thank You Sponsors!