iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

E2300 - End of the Heating Season Blues

Started by irallen, April 03, 2011, 03:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irallen

Just finishing up my second season with the E2300. A little earlier than scheduled because I've apparently got an air flow issue. About 2 weeks ago after a flawless season, I suddenly could not get water temperature up to 185. I limped along at 145 until this weekend when I finally shut it down and had a look-see.

Of course my backwall air holes were covered with creosote (even with the drill-the-extra-holes mod from last year). I dug them out and air was blowing through them again. However I don't feel any air coming out of any of the holes on either side wall. The front and back holes on each side wall usually are the first ones to get plugged. But even after digging all the holes out I'm not feeling any air coming out of any hole on the side walls.

Could it be that I let things go too far and there is creosote inside the air chamber at the back corners blocking air from getting up to the side wall holes? I'm not finding an air flow diagram anywhere so I'm not sure how it's supposed to move. The air is blowing out the back wall holes and out of the fusion combustor, but nothing (or very little) out the sidewalls.

Can anyone shed light on this for me? I'm prepared to be scolded for not keeping a closer eye on the air holes during the season. Thanks.

Annoyed at myself in Vermont
:-(

doctorb

See my post from today under the firewood and wood heating section.  I cleaned out between the holes with a coat hangar, Especially the back corners of the air flow chamber.  Just poking the holes open, as we both have been doing, catches up with you eventually.  Welcome to the Forum.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

talldog

I had a similar deal going on in the middle of Jan.This is my first year with my e-2300.My dealer told me over the phone immediately that it was the solenoid in the back panel.Turn off the power and then remove hose clamp from the tube.Only the top one was plugged.After you pull out the solenoid,you can look in there with a flashlight.It will probably be quite full of creosote.If the fire is still warm,it will be quite gooey.I fashioned a home made tool out of a paint roller.Straighten out the bends and bust off the plastic except for a little bit close to the end.Then bend a 90 degree hook in the very end.This will reach in there and kinda grab the goo.It takes a while to get it all.Maybe someone else here has a better tool.After I did mine,it got air nicely and problem solved.

Thank You Sponsors!