iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Blade maintenance package.

Started by gator gar, April 02, 2011, 12:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gator gar

Anyone sharpening their LT 70 blades on the Woodmoizer BMP. I went to Bo's this morning and the blade was too big to hang on the arms.  I hope they have arms big enough to hold these blades, cause a new BMP is in the mail and on the way.

AvT

My BMP has little extensions on the arms to accomodate the longer blade.  My BMP is me and my shop series sharpener setup.  The extensions don't look like much just a little hunk of pipe stuck on the regular arms.
Wannabe sawyer, Cord King M1820 firewood processor Palax KS35 Ergo firewood Processor, 5403 John Deere, Bunch of other farm equipment,   LT70 Remote Woodmizer.  All good things but the best things in life are free.. If you don't believe me.. hold your breath for 2 minutes

gator gar

Quote from: AvT on April 02, 2011, 01:46:58 PM
My BMP has little extensions on the arms to accomodate the longer blade.  My BMP is me and my shop series sharpener setup.  The extensions don't look like much just a little hunk of pipe stuck on the regular arms.

There won't be a problem modifying the arms, I was just wondering if the arms that came with it were big enough to accomadate the bigger bands.

AvT

Sorry i misread your post ealier so my response may have sounded a bit strange.... anyway, since then i went and checked my arms and all they are is 1/2" EMT pipe and because I have the LT70 I got some liitle extentions for the arms which are nothing more than an EMT collar connector and some short pieces of pipe.  I think they may have even charged me extra for the extensions lol.... just checked and they did!!! $22.00.  you only need extensions for the side arms the middle one looks standard
Wannabe sawyer, Cord King M1820 firewood processor Palax KS35 Ergo firewood Processor, 5403 John Deere, Bunch of other farm equipment,   LT70 Remote Woodmizer.  All good things but the best things in life are free.. If you don't believe me.. hold your breath for 2 minutes

gator gar

backwoods sawyer

They got me for $22.00 on that one as well :-\ I was a bit disappointed to see the little hokey ends in the box when I ordered the arms for the LT-70 as well. I was expecting a new set of arms that would accommodate the longer saws. As many Lt-70's as there is, one would almost expect them to make the arms to fit the saws. Those couplers on the side are right where the plastic piece needs to sit to hold the blade so that it can advance with out any restriction.
Quick fix, cut a new piece of conduit the right length and replace the ones that came with it. The end piece is just pressed in and can easily be pulled out and installed in the new piece.
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Thank You Sponsors!