iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Happy Retirement, WDH!

Started by Dodgy Loner, April 01, 2011, 05:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgy Loner

I don't know if Danny has mentioned it on here or not, but today is the last day of his illustrious career with Weyerhaeuser. I'm sure he'll soon be on his way to a life of leisure at a retirement community in central Florida, not a care in the world except to meet up with his fellow old farts for shuffleboard and bingo . Or maybe he'll just have a little more free time to spend on his sawmill and in the workshop...yeah, that's probably more likely. Whatever your plans for retirement are, congratulations, and thanks a million for all you've done for me! :) :) :)
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Mooseherder

Congratulations Danny! 8)
Now the real work begins. :)

SwampDonkey

When I was talking to him at the pig roast, there was no Florida retirement plans, there was plans to saw, sell lumber and build stuff. ;) I'm not so sure I can trust that Dodgey, since it's April first. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Raider Bill

Danny you are welcome here anytime!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Woodcarver

Congrats--and what Raider said.  Don't retire from the forum. 8)
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

thecfarm

You'll have all sort of time to eat grits now.  :D Lucky you. Too bad we have to work for so many years so we can do what we want to now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

The years of reward are worth working for.  I've now been retired half as long as I worked.  I now work harder than I did for the last half of my working time.  Does all of that make sense?  If you are retired it does.

Congratulations Danny, and Happy Retirement !!!
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Congratulations Danny (WDH).

Retirement is a good thing, in fact I'm planning on retiring for the second time, within the next two years!

THEN, I can spend more time with the sawmill.  :)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

clww

Congratulations WDH!
I'll be joining the retirement list myself, in 17 months.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Burlkraft

Way to go Danny  8) 8)

I hope you enjoy retirement
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Texas Ranger

How do foresters retire?  They just pine away.

I know, groan, but happy rebirth as a private forester/person.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

scsmith42

Way cool!  Congratulations Danny!!!
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

isawlogs

Mes félicitations Danny , welcome to the retirement gang     8) 8) 8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

What they do will you Marcel? Turn you out to pasture? ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

Looks like I have been found out  :D.  I plan on being a gentleman tree farmer.  OK, your right, I better just stick with being a tree farmer ;D. 

This is not a new chapter; it looks like it is a whole new book  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

metalspinner

8) 8)

Congratulations, Danny!

I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Shotgun

We wish you the best, Danny. You've had a good first career.  Enjoy your second career doing whatever it is that tickles your fancy. It will take a while to get out of the habit of your working routine, but it'll be fun.

Regards,

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Magicman

I was hoping that it wasn't April Fools.  You will be beginning a wonderful new book in your life.  Being flexible and able to change your plans in a moment's notice will be a bit strange at first, but that is just part of the reward.  Again, Congratulations.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Danny, just remember, there is no retiring from pig roasts!  ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Norm

That's great to hear Danny, congratulations!

I give your wife 6 months before she starts clipping help wanted ads.  :D

SwampDonkey

Well, I had to wait until I heard it from the man before I congratulated him.  ;D Probably the first thing you'll realize is that time flies bye too fast when your out of the day job. I'm not retired by no means, but when your in your shop it seems like you just get out of bed, then get going and it's time for supper. Can't get nothing done. :D

Oh, and congratulations. Every man's right to enjoy the remainder of life on his own accord.  8)

customsawyer

Congrats Danny you've earned it.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

LeeB

And still young enough to enjoy it. Congrats.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

JV

Danny, happy retirement.  Be prepared to be busier than ever though.  Best thing is on those mornings when you really, really, don't feel like doing anything, you don't have to, just have another cup of coffee.   ;)
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

WDH

Thanks everyone.  Jeff, somebody has to pick the Pig at the Pig Roast or it would not be a Pig Roast  :)

More to come!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!