iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Spring Pictures

Started by Gary_C, March 31, 2011, 03:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary_C

Yesterday I went to look at some timber sales. Ended up doing a lot more walking than I really needed up and down some 300 feet elevation on some narrow trails. Made the mistake of wearing some barely broke in boots cause I knew it would be wet and my old ones are kind of leaky. Plus I did it twice on two sales. Must have walked at least six miles and the downhill walk is almost as painful as the uphill.

I only took two pictures and the first is from up on top. This is overlooking the Mississippi River Valley and that is the city of Wabasha, MN in the middle of the picture. You can easily see the bridge over the main channel in the picture. There is not much flooding going on in spite of the dire predictions and much of the snow gone. The amazing thing is if you look at the bluffs in the far background and just try to imagine the amount of water it took to carve out that river valley many many years ago.

And here is part of the trail that got me there.

So come on you people. It's spring. At least to us people on the top of this earth. The ones about to fall off the bottom can show fall pictures. Get out there and take some pictures to show us!!!!!!     :)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Norm

Here's one from my job yesterday.

Hopefully the dry weather will hold up for a couple of more days to finish up.

sandhills

Here's a few of what I'm up to right now, first one was taken a few days ago

This picture is the same calf yesterday

went from 6" of snow to 55* in three days, he likes it as much as I do. :)

beenthere

Hmmm? Didn't know they were born with that red tag in their ear.  ::) ::)

He looks comfy in the sun.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

This is just about as far as you can see, 200 yards from the door down to that row of yard trees.

Back yard, been watching robins darting in and out of the softwoods all day. They ain't happy about this one bit.

Spring? Hahahaha :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Well, it's starting to thaw out anyway.

And the earthworms are now out, so it's officially spring. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!