iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Time to put your thinking caps on

Started by Trees_rock, March 27, 2011, 03:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trees_rock

I would like to make a wheeled tailgate cargo rack. I would like to be able to have a metal tool box that I can put all my milling tools in.  It would be mounted to the mill for transport, when you get to the job site you put the wheels down lift it up a bit and roll it out of the way, when the job is done roll it back to the mill, line it up put the pin in and fold the wheels up and down the road you go.   
I just don't know know how to make the wheel part work.  I was thinking something like folding table legs with a small trailer jack and some off road casters. 
I would like the height to be adjustable so you don't have manually try and lift it up to line the receiver up and also be able to use it on my truck or other trucks.
Anyone ever try something like this?  Or is there something like this for sale already?
Any help would be grate.     
thanks justin

Trees_rock

if there is a better place for this on the forum please move it

thanks Justin

customsawyer

I am not sure I follow what you are asking but there is some companies out there that have self loaders for guys that like to haul their bikes that will go down to the ground where you load the bike and then it will pick it up and put on the back of your truck but it would be a pain to change from truck to truck I think. You might try google and see if you can find them.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Burlkraft

Why not just 1 pain free day?

Trees_rock

thanks glad to be back
I have a picture in my gallery of a rough idea of what I was thinking with stuff I had at home.
I'm going to need to reread the post on how to add a picture to your post with mac one more time. 

ROUGH CUT

Gee,trees rock, it seems like id may be more trouble than it's worth. I mean anythings possible given enough time and money.It's just that I believe that the easy way is the best way.
      Post a picture of the finished product, maybe I'll eat my words.      R.C.
It's not how you get into these things, but how you get out of them.

jamesamd

You mean,a trailer hitch,mounted carrier?
Jim
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

RedLeg

Check this out... sounds like what you are referring to.  Have been thinking about how to use it to transport my "micro mill".

http://goproductsusa.com/
Leif
Retired U.S. Army
2010 Lumber Smith Elite and Track Kit
Shopsmith Mark 7 PowerPro

Trees_rock

thats what I was thinking. Just not spending a $1200 to get it  :(

thank you

Thank You Sponsors!