iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Bathroom Floor

Started by Patty, March 27, 2011, 01:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patty

I decided that I needed a new bathroom floor, and guess who was recruited to do all the work?!  ;D

Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Tom

beenthere

:D :D :D

Get burlkraft back. He's now an expert at bathrooms and tile. ;)

So far, so good.  When will norm get done? :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Patty

Right you are Tom!

As you can see, it is a very tiny room, so we (he) had to half at a time. Tomorrow the finished side should be set up enough that he can be on it to do the other half. Then wait one more day, and set the toilet back in, put the trim down and the quarter round, touch up with paint where the walls got scratched by the duroc, and BAM! We are done!!  8)
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Tom

Eat a lot of cheese and peanut butter and he won't have to be in such a big hurry.  :D

pigman

Quotewhere the walls got scratched by the duroc
:o :o
Are you calling Norm a pig or are you raising swine in the house?
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Norm

We have a tiny toilet room in our bedroom and a guest bathroom just outside the bedroom door. For some reason when we moved in the tiny one was taken by Patty and I use the guest bathroom. The biggest motivator for me to get this done quickly is having to share.

Can you say girl cooties!  :D

Magicman

You are getting it done, and she will be happy.  Looking good.  My knees complain when I do tile work.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

There is just no way I could get down on my knees for those jobs. And I'm not trying to make a joke. :D

Looking good Norm and Patty. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Burlkraft

Mine was a small job, but not that small.

It didn't go bad...a bit messy.

Jill likes it so that's good enuff  smiley_smug01

Nice... Girl Cooties Norm  :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

dnalley

Question ???
Did you consider starting in the back and working yourself out the door?  Could have saved you a day.  Just wondering.

Norm

Oh sure now you tell me!  :D

All of the back pieces are small cut ones. It's better to do all of your full pieces first.

beenthere

That's easy too, just move the toilet to the other end.  ;D

When do we see the finished pic? Un-occupied of course. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Busy Beaver Lumber

why can't I ever luck out and get small jobs like this around the house? I would gladly lay 15 square feet worth of tile to make the Mrs happy. Instead, she want to tile the entire kitchen, dining area, hall, bathroom, and laundry room which is around 700 square feet. I should be able to stand up straight in about 2 or 3 months after I finish that job if I am lucky.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Patty

Yes Norm is so lucky to have a wonderful wife like me.  :D

This is the third home we have built. The first had lots of tile, the second had lots of hardwood, and now the third has both. We laid hardwood in the main areas of this house, and tile in the bathrooms and fireplace and small areas. I like the look of tile & hardwood together.

Who knows what we will do in our next home!!
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Raider Bill

I've got 2000 sqft of mixed flooring to do if anyone's interested. I know my backs not. :-\ :'(
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

LeeB

I plan on my next home being the old folks home.  :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Coon

LeeB we don't call them old folks home around here, instead we call them the finishing barn.  :D   By the time you get in them around here you're nearly finished anyhow.  ;)
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

isawlogs

Norm , ya git er done yet ???   
That will be a sweet looking thrown room once you're done with it.
Slave driver been good to ya ???   ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Norm

Well like all home improvement projects this one has ballooned into more than originally intended. The floor is in and the toilet installed but as I gently tightened down the bolts holding the tank to the base the tank cracked. Good thing I was in a small room with all the blue smoke coming out of my mouth. I also decided to install a new door and frame as the original was a very cheap one as that was all we could afford when the house was built.

Check back with me in a month.  :D

isawlogs

Give 'er a pail ... worked fine last century  ;D :) 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Raider Bill

Your not the first to crack a tank ;)

SwampDonkey

Oh man, gotta hate that.  :-\
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Probaly too late,but buy a high one for someone in a wheel chair. Wife has bad hips.legs,knees,so we have one. When you sit down your knees are not up around your chin.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Raider Bill

Anytime I replace one  even in the rentals I do it with a handicap height elongated commode.

Thank You Sponsors!