iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Started by Norm, March 24, 2011, 03:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

We're catering a fashion show at our son's clothing store this evening and one of the items requested is chocolate covered strawberries. It doesn't show up real well in the photo but Patty has more on her than the strawberries.  :D

It's a messy job but goes pretty fast once you get started.

Raider Bill

Hi Patty!

Is that a deep fryer in the background next to the stove?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Burlkraft

Quote from: Raider Bill on March 24, 2011, 03:30:16 PM
Hi Patty!

Is that a deep fryer in the background next to the stove?

Yup...That Norm and Patty they got lots of nice toys  ;D

That kitchen is loaded up but yet has enuff room to get a good rasslin' match goin' and never run in ta anything  :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Raider Bill

Strawberry's are in season here now. The Plant City Strawberry festival is soon.

Burlkraft

Quote from: Raider Bill on March 24, 2011, 03:44:17 PM
Strawberry's are in season here now. The Plant City Strawberry festival is soon.

Once again I wanna be where you are.  ::)  ::)

We do have some sun today tho.......

Ain't gonna get to 30° today and then snow tomorrow.

I got a saw job tomorrow. I'm gonna go over and set up now and get a good start in a snowstorm in the morning  :D :D

Raider Bill

Burlkraft

Norm

We don't use it much Bill as it fills the kitchen up with grease fumes. I've got a portable one outside I use most of the time.

The strawberries we are getting this time of year taste like cardboard but since I'm not the one eating them I'm not too fussy.  :D

Raider Bill

I agree about the berries. Just not the same. I bet with your soil they really get a good texture and sweetness.

isawlogs

We have a chocolat fondue when the berries come into season, strrawberries and chocolat are almost as good as blueberries with chocolat. Take a tray , line it with a wax paper, put blueberries on wax paper, heat some dark & sweet chocolat in two different pans/pot, when liquide , pour to cover the berries, put in fridge till its all firmed up. If i can get some real white chocolat I use that instead of the sweet chocolat.   All thats left to do is stuff yourself   :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Burlkraft

I never met a chocolate covered berry that I didn't like.

But then again, I've never tried dogberry   :D  :D  :D

LeeB

I'm looking forward to berry season. Blueberries ans strwberries make excelent wine.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

caveman

We cut up 20 flats of strawberries this morning.  We will use them to make strawberry shortcake.  Our strawberry season is over except for a few you-pick fields.  Caveman
Caveman

SwampDonkey

I've been eating fresh strawberries here for 2 weeks. ;) ;D Mmm, chocolate covered strawberries sounds tasty. ;) But, alas as you say, they aren't as good as our local berries in June.   :-\ Kinda like grits eh, gotta add something to those southern berries to smother them for taste. :D :D But I also have frozen blueberries, black berries and raspberries. :)

As for the cold weather, I'll be in a nice heated shop if needed.  8) No phone, just the radio. Not that the phone is ringing off the wall. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

northwoods1

Quote from: Norm on March 24, 2011, 03:52:29 PM

The strawberries we are getting this time of year taste like cardboard but since I'm not the one eating them I'm not too fussy.  :D

I saw some strawberries in my local store the other day that looked downright scary. And only $3.79 a pint.

Them ones you have sure look big. I think I would eat them even if they did taste like cardboard as long as they were covered with chocolate :D

SwampDonkey

I got mine for $2.49 a 2 lb box, it's bigger than a strawberry box.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

cinnabar

I've been visiting for a while, finally joined in.  Very nice site. BTW
Anything chocolate is good!  My favorite use for the large, hollow and fairly tastless strawberries in four easy steps:
1. scoop out the hollow white center
2. hold it over a dish (it might leak, oops) and pour into the hole some amaretto, or chocoate liquer
3. Top with a shot of reddiwhip   
4. Pop it in your mouth 

You could even coat them in chocolate before adding the amaretto to seal up any holes.
8)

cinnabar

Norm

That sounds delicious cinnabar!

Welcome to the FF, tell us a little about yourself.  :)

Chris Burchfield

Seedless grapes and chocolate are very good.  They keep longer than strawberries in the frig.  As you chew, they develop an awesome harmony of flavor.  The DIL of a long standing candy shop created them. 
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

cinnabar

Quote from: Norm on March 26, 2011, 07:50:47 AM
That sounds delicious cinnabar!

Welcome to the FF, tell us a little about yourself.  :)

I found this site looking for species ID of an old dresser I was restoring.  Pretty sure it is chestnut.  Hobby: reviving old stuff most would toss out or burn. ie. Stove circa1924, fridge 1937,  numerous pieces of furniture redone,  garden , cook, rocks(geolgist by schooling) etc. 
Will have to get the old photo of my GreatGrandad 1897 atop the logging car near Merrill, maybe somebody here has some info on it. 
Generally, I know just enough to get into trouble.
cinnabar   

Norm

Sounds like we share many of the same hobbies.  :)

Thank You Sponsors!