iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

meth lab by-products

Started by doghunter, March 23, 2011, 06:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doghunter

took a class at the fire dept last night about meth labs. if you find plastic bottles in the woods with a whitish-yellow residue in them dont even touch them also look for alkaline battery casings, lye cans,matchbooks,propane tanks or any pressure tank ,plastic bottles with hoses or balloons attached these are the waste from meth cooking. just moving them can cause the chemical reactions to restart producing invisible vapors that can kill  or cause permanent damage  call local law enforcement or fire dept and walk away  we have enough danger in our jobs without this crap blindsiding us lets be safe out there and go home for supper every day 

shinnlinger

And to think some folks put that IN their bodies.....
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

RPF2509

I agree with the post.  Meth waste is extremely toxic and should never be messed with.  Contact the sheriff if you suspect even a little bit that you have meth waste.  A lot of common household components are used to process meth such as garbage cans, propane tanks, mop buckets, rubber gloves.  Any type of liquid is suspect and should not be touched.  Strong acids and bases are commonly used and if mixed can be explosive.  There are many methods to extract the meth so I can't list what to look for here. The usual protocol for cleanup crews is full hazmat gear.  It is in your best intrest to get this stuff off your property as soon as possible.  LEOs are trained in this and a meth waste dump site is a crime scene.  DON'T TRY THE CLEANUP ON YOU OWN.  GET EXPERT HELP.

Jeff

I put a page together on the Adopt-A-Forest website on this several years ago to help volunteers to stay safe.

http://cleanforests.org/safezone/methlabs.shtml
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

banksiana

Very good write up.  Saved that one.   Meth is bad news and more wide spread than one thinks.

chain

My hired help found a one gallon spray jug in a road ditch yesterday, he said he opened and poured out some salt-looking stuff; he brought the jug in. >:(

Meth has a long history in this area, one thing about it, you can surely tell who is on the drug. There are stories too sad to tell on this forum...meth=death.

Raider Bill

When I first bought the Tenn land we had a big problem with cookers. Found 5 sites where they camped out and cooked. Because I was transient they could cook while I was gone.
Once I started the building process and was up there more than not they moseyed along. Few years ago we watched a guy set up a camp across the County road. Propane, solvent, gold spray paint, little red pills., strike anywhere matches etc.  Fired a couple warning shots from 2 different directions and he got the picture. Word got out that there was some crazy Florida Bikers with guns on the hill no more problems.
I'm hearing they have a new way called shake and bake where it's actually done in a car or truck that's driving. When done they just throw the residue out the window.
It's s bad drug ruining many many lives but like you say there's no hiding the fact your using.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

clww

"NO Hope In Dope!"
I'll stick to the still and white lightning.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

banksiana

About a month ago I saw where a car had run in the ditch and been pulled out.  They left a bunch of trash in the snow so I stopped to pick up the trash, lottery tickets, mountain dew bottles and about 20 butane lighters, some with the cap pried off.  Any idea what they were doing with those?  I couldn't figure it out.

Raider Bill

The ingredients they use baffle me. Solvents, matches, sinus pills, gold spray paint and a whole list of other crap. I dunno seems like a bunch of poison yet it's a best seller.
In this area of Florida it's not a big deal. Don't see much of it at all really here it's pills and crack.
In Tenn it's Pills and Meth. And to top it off most of the pills come from Florida. They flock here for "pain management"

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Mooseherder

I had to deal with a Pain management person this morning.
His problem has been largely ignored for many years.
He was falling asleep in my meeting.
I made the intervention call after the meeting and he was escourted to the test lab.
He'll have to straighten out now or be gone for good.

chain

Went down to where the spray-jug was found and emptied. According to web photos for identity of meth, the substance does appear somewhat like crystal meth, yet also resembles regular ice creme salt...but  in a spray jug. ??? May have someone check it out in a.m.

beenthere

Now with your fingerprints on it?  ::) ::)   ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

chain

According to the DTF officer this[one gallon spray jug and contents] evidence appears to be the real deal. He has picked up several spray jugs over the last few weeks as they[jugs] are being used in 'shake & bake' meth. My help was very lucky indeed, as when opening the jug he was not injured.

This was quite a coincidence and very timely thread, a big "THANK-YOU" to Doghunter for this important info!

treefarmer87

its a shame idiots come into the woods and do dumb stuff.  :(
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Warren

Meth is a big problem here is our area as well.  Supposedly our county is one of the top two or three counties in the state due to close proximity to both Cincinnati, and Lexington.  Have had two  meth lab busts within 3 mile either direction on our road, a "rolling meth lab" in a travel trailer piled up at the end of our road while attempting to evade police, and an accident in front of our house last year where "multiple meth precursors and by products" were ejected from one of the vehicles as a result of the accident.  Again, 2 liter Mt Dew bottles with liquid and residue.

The boy driving the truck where everything popped out after the crash, went to jail after he was discharged from the hospital.  The travel camper was promptly loaded onto a roll back and buried at the local landfill as soon as the investigators figured out that it was contaminated.

My wife has done some chemical dependency counseling.  Her impression is that most people who "try meth" are hooked on meth after just the first use. No easing into it like maybe a marijuana or cocaine...  And the rate of repeat offenders, even after completing treatment programs, is in the 70% to 90% range...  Bad stuff....

LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

Kansas

Meth is a big problem in Kansas. Suspect I stumbled on to a campsite a few years ago when looking at timber. It was abandoned at that time.What I can't believe is they try and jug up anhydrous ammonia to use. Having worked around that stuff at the Co-op some years back, I hated the stuff. I did everything I could to find something else to do rather than fill tanks.

If someone wants a job, I always try to get them to smile. The teeth give it away.

Thank You Sponsors!