iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

wallenstein wood processor

Started by JPM, March 22, 2011, 10:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPM

i know these are fairly new on the market but does any one have one or has seen one in operation?  i went to my dealer and he said the rep doesn't want to demo one :o : >:(  thanks

coyotencuttin

I'm in the same boat as you. I've been looking at/for one for a while. I like the idea of using my chainsaw instead of having a saw mounted to the processor like the badger. It also can take up to a 24" round log which is also larger than some of the other processors. I have had other people tell me it's just a splitter on wheels but I look at it as a time saver for my wood fetching needs. Plus I wouldn't have to handle the wood as much as I would with a regular single wedge splitter. I've been looking for a used one to show up on Craigslist and eBay but have been out of luck so far. The distributor that's down the road from me says he can't keep it in stock so there has to be quite a few out there. The 830 would be the choice for me because of the faster cycle time of the splittter. Keep us informed of the search.  Harold
Woodmizer LT 40 Hydraulic.

JPM

i'm also looking at the 830. for not much more $ its faster,and faster is better.

cunningtonfirewood

I have the Wp 820, and im kicking myself for not getting the 830! for the extra $1000.00 its so much faster but if your not doing much firewood it doesnt even really matter, i cut about 15 facecord per day with mine! its been holding up great! processed about 100 facecord so far.

** only downfall is they only make the 4 way wedge as of right yet.. im in the process of building a 6!

JPM

so do you feel its worth the $$. out side of the 4way splitter any thing else you would change or add? thanks

Thank You Sponsors!