iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another E-Classic 2300 leaker case...

Started by vintage_farms, March 22, 2011, 12:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vintage_farms

Hi!  I've been lurking from time to time.  Now it's time for me to ask "what to expect next" as per the previous episodes of leaking E-Classics?  Today my E-Classic 2300 displayed dramatic signs of water leakage.  I have a call in to the dealer and I'm awaiting an answer.  My unit was installed in the fall of 2008 (November).  

Our unit came with ALL the firebrick installed and we weren't notified with clarifications about the firebrick removal issue until the end of the burning season of '08/'09.  Needless to say, there was rust and deep pot marks all over the walls of our unit when the fire-brick was removed.

If a replacement is offered what model is the best alternative?  The replacement E-Classic 2300 or the E-2400?  Or, should I go for the traditional CB Classic 6048?

With CB's replacement offering:  I'm now a "Happy Camper" in hoosier-land

vintage_farms

Sounds like I will get a replacement unit - thanks CB!!!  :)   8)

Still waiting for the "how, when and why's" to be answered when my dealer calls back.  Not sure what the differences are between the old vs. the new units etc.  Just looking forward to getting this taken care of.  Overall, my experience has been good with the unit's performance and I do like that it hardly ever smokes.

This forum has helped a lot and the learning curve process  :P for me is over with for the most part.  Just hope everything goes smooth with the replacement situation.    pc_smiley

hockeyguy

Sounds like your on the right track.  I hope to hear you've got  a new 2300 for next winter. Good luck!

ken999

I would want the new 2400 if it were me. They made changes in these (from the 2300) for a reason.

Dean186

I agree with Ken and I would pay an upgrade price to get one.

vintage_farms

Central Boiler offered us either an 'upgraded' E-classic 2300 or a model upgrade into a E-2400 (not yet sure what the extra costs may entail?).  I'm wondering what the E-3200 is all about?  Hmmm?  Anybody got any data or experience on the operation of a E-3200?  

We plan to get our replacement unit later in the summer.  Thank goodness we got thru the majority of the winter before the leak appeared.  With CB's approval, I did get an "ok" to plug the pin-hole leak with a sheet metal screw and some JB weld (it worked!) and was able to burn wood for another week or so until we got into 40+ degree evenings.  Space heaters will make due for now.  (Whew!)

Overall I am very pleased with how the E-2300 unit is running and the maintenance/cleaning on the unit has become 'second nature' for myself to do.  Sounds like the E-2400 has some improvements that make it operate more conveniently.

~ Thanks Central Boiler for standing behind your product and working things thru with a replacement unit as needed!

- Brad

doctorb

If the pay off is reasonable, I too would upgrade to the 2400
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Thank You Sponsors!